“Nice meal, great value.”
Review of Yass Golf Club

Yass Golf Club
Ranked #19 of 33 Restaurants in Yass
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We ate there 3 nights ago, and loved the place. Good service and excellent value. Happy staff and we got some tickets for the meat raffle from a very jovial chap... sadly didn't win

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

New the golf club was there and it wasn’t until suggested by the MIL did we decided to go, our group of 6 was all left very full and incredible satisfied by the food we had. A wonderful choice was Thai dishes and more traditional club grub such as steak and schnitzel meant we all could get what suited our own tastes best. The stand out was the fried fish with Thai salad and sauce on top absolutely stunning spicy and flavourful!
Nice space for meals and affordable drinks at the bar we will be back it was a very enjoyable evening

Reviewed 16 December 2017

I've eaten at the Yass Golf Club a couple of times over the last few years and never thought to leave a review. But I had to tonight. The food and service were both so good. A friend and I shared a starter and a main, and it was no trouble to provide extra plates and serving spoons. The son-in-law's eggs were fantastic and something I'd always wanted to try. The duck Thai salad was equally impressive. Lovely tang and plenty of duck.

I eat out in Yass about once a week—trying different venues—and this was one of the best experiences ever.

1  Thank Peggy B
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Very disappointed!!! Took over an hour to make a couple of Thai dishes. Quality of the massaman was poor and sweet and sour chicken was OK. Finally ready for pick up go to pay there price list on the internet was old so they charge me an extra $7.50 no compromise.... Like I said very disappointed!!!

Reviewed 9 April 2017

The good: Penang curry had a good amount of spice, and didn't skimp on the chicken. Good variety of veggies and I liked having the asparagus in it. There was plenty of it, I enjoyed it, and was not hungry after. However, I would have expected it to be sweeter and thicker. I tasted some Tom Kha and cashew chicken which both tasted really good too.

The bad: The "coconut rice" wasn't really coconut rice. Coconut rice should be a tad bit gooey and a little bit sweet. This rice was as dry as regular rice, tasted of something but I'm not sure what, and was tinted orange for some reason. Also, the person taking the orders was really slow (took about 30 seconds per thing to find the prices on the menu, and each thing was printed slowly and carefully on the notepad in full [no abbreviations]). You can't expect all servers to be able to do maths in their heads and be able to take an order in 5 seconds but you'd think if you work in a restaurant with only about 20 things on the menu and 5 different prices, you wouldn't need to look up every single price. Also, they had a long conversation/argument (5 min +) with the people in front of us. There were 3 or 4 people waiting behind us to order too. They should really have sent someone else out to take orders at the same time.

Conclusion: if you were working in Canberra, and wanted Thai for dinner, you'd be better off choosing a better Thai restaurant in Canberra and taking it home. However, if you were already in Yass, this is probably your best bet out of the possible choices assuming you wanted something Asian (there are Malaysian places too but I think this is better).