“Quick and delicious take away”

Silver Gully Takeaway
Ranked #22 of 32 Restaurants in Yass
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Description: Authentic, healthy Thai dishes including curries (sweet, spicy or hot), stir fry, noodle dishes and soups. Vegetarian options when available include vegetarian chicken, beef, roast pork, fish, prawn and organic tofu. Ask about vegan options. Entrees including spring rolls, curry puffs (both made in house), fish cakes, thai spice chicken wings and more. Dine in or takeaway. Open 11am-9:30pm 7 days a week.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

I regularly get curries and pad thai from here for take away dinners, and have always enjoyed them. I find them comparable to standard Thai food in Sydney, and they far exceed any 'country town' Thai I've had before. Their jungle curry was the first time I've ordered a hot curry in a country town and had it actually be spicy - v. pleasing. Also, they cater very well to vegetarian tastes!

Silver_Gully, Owner at Silver Gully Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2016

Thank you so much. It means a great deal to the staff at Silver Gully that customers enjoy their meals. The head chef Natt has decades of experience cooking in her native Thailand, and in Australia.

The jungle curry is definitely for those who like it hot! Natt is also a vegetarian and loves to cook for those who also enjoy a healthy, tasty meal, as well as for those with other tastes.

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

It looks like an ordinary old school cafe but has lovely Thai food ... very tasty. I tried the pad thai combo ..yummy.

Silver_Gully, Owner at Silver Gully Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2016

Thank you for the great feedback Wayne. We have been here 6 months and are looking to upgrade the shop front soon.

Regards

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

First visit to buy for a "larger serve of hot chips". So the transaction was $10. Not really happy about the serving size. As soon as I got home before we hooked into the "large serve" I took this snap. And no I didn't take any out. I guess they rely on the pub patrons next door not to question the meals. Thanks but no thanks. I hope this was a one off and I was the unlucky one.

1  Thank Ollie G
Silver_Gully, Owner at Silver Gully Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2016

Hello Ollie G.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Silver Gully Takeaway on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate customer feedback. I apologise for you having a less than satisfactory experience with your meal. We do get many good reviews for our dishes. You are welcome to come back to the store and I will be happy to discuss this matter and sort it out satisfactorily for you.

Apologies again for not responding sooner as I have had some technical difficulties accessing the review page.

Regards,

Reviewed 4 February 2016 via mobile

2nd visit since opening, sadly on both visits food seemed to be laced sugar. Everything was sweet. Nothing like food eaten in Thailand. Service was friendly.

Silver_Gully, Owner at Silver Gully Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

Thank you Betty B for reviewing Silver Gully on TripAdvisor. We value customer feedback. Thank you also for a good review of our service. Several of the curry dishes on our menu are in fact sweet (for example Massaman and Penang). Other curries are either spicy (Red and Green) or hot (Jungle Curry). You are welcome to come back and try any of our dishes including our stir fry's, noodle dishes or soups. We can alter ingredients for most dishes to suit your needs.

Regards,

Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

Whoever the outside don't like nice the food is very good and helpful employees. The food was very fast prepared and of good quantity.

Thank you Joop M. Thai food is very healthy, tasty and can be cooked very quickly! We are continuing to improve the shop interior and exterior.

Would love to see you back again!