1,789 results
All reviews golf course brend hotels golf break brend group golf club taste brasserie sea view round of golf main restaurant indoor and outdoor pools pitch and putt lounge bar lovely hotel wine list tennis courts deluxe room restaurant staff
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Pleasant reception staff , room on second floor lift available. Room was modern with an
Updated bathroom ,coffee and tea making facilities and comfortable beds. Internal and external swimming pools with plenty of loungers.Restaurant table d'hote menu was excellent with a good wine menu efficient service due to high number of staff ,Wifi was free but unsecured network. Great golf course which is free if you are staying there and also a 9 hole pitch and putt course also free to residents.Evening entertainment provided.

Room tip: All rooms are spacious otherwise a sea view would be better.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank grahame L
BrendHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Carlyon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Thank you for your glowing review of the Carlyon Bay Hotel. We are very pleased to read that you had a brilliant experience in all aspects of your stay here with us, from the attentive staff to the golf or evening meal. It is excellent to see that you managed to make the use of the complimentary round of golf during your stay.

We hope that we see you again in the near future. Kind regards, CBH

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Booked this hotel for my husbands birthday . We had a warm welcome on arrival ,
Superb service through out our stay.
The hotel was fully booked and they also had a large wedding party ,but this not in anyway affect our stay .There is plenty of space for all.The indoor pool area and spa was very relaxing and surprisingly quiet when we visited.
I booked a massage for my husband with megan ,a first for him , he loved it and she managed to rid him of knots and aches ,thanks megan.
we opted to eat in the taste restaurant , good food , well presented, very attentive staff but not imposing .
Finished the evening with a night cap in the lounge, retired to bed very happy.
Breakfast was busy, but run very efficiently and a good selection ,buffet style, with options to order other dishes ,fish ect.
we will return soon .

Room tip: see views are lovely
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of the Carlyon Bay Hotel, we are pleased to hear that you had superb service throughout the entirety of your stay, especially for your husband's birthday! We have passed your message onto thank Megan down in the Spa.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. Many thanks, CBH.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Perfect for a romantic getaway or family fun. Close to beach and Charles town. Very nice area to jut roam around and go for walks. Also close to many supermarkets and play areas. This is our second trip back here and will definitely be coming for a third as well.

Trip type: Travelled with family
BrendHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Carlyon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to review Carlyon Bay, I was delighted to see you enjoyed all aspects of your break with us.

I was pleased to read that you will be returning to The Carlyon Bay for a third time in the near future, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights which was meant to be 4. Far too hot in the rooms and the windows don't open fully due to safety. No air con so we didn't sleep well to say the least! Some of the staff were very rude, not all as some were exceptional. We checked out early and gave our reasons and we're told ( we still will charge you for the night ). Fine. But what annoyed me was the lack of care. They didn't care at all. I'd take on board the fact the hotel rooms are hot. Do something about it. The common areas were cool and lovely, so no complaints about that, but after a full day people need to sleep. The mattresses are worn out and very uncomfortable. The food and service on our first night in the BRASSERIE was fantastic. Wish I'd got the waitresses name as I'd mention how fabulous she was.all in all though the management do not care.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Sophiaelleolivia
BrendHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Carlyon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Carlyon Bay. I was sorry you thought the rooms to be hot; we are more than happy upon request to take the window restrictor's off and a fan is provided. Some of our bedrooms do have air conditioning and our reservationist's are happy to assist in allocating a suitable room for your needs, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I was pleased you experienced fantastic food and service in the Brasserie, I have passed your comments on to the team, who were delighted, thank you.

I can assure you all complaints are taken seriously here at the Hotel and I am sorry that you felt there was a ‘lack of care’ when you raised your issues, this is not the level of service our guests have come to expect from Carlyon Bay, please accept our apologies.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

My nan booked this for us both to celebrate her 89th birthday. We were welcomed the moment we arrived, and my nan was made to feel extra special. The room was not cheap being peak season but I cannot fault any part of our stay, Staff are extremely attentive to making sure they meet your needs and you get the full experience, you are waited on and very much made to relax. The food was of a high standard as you would expect. We ate at the golf club in the day and the steak panni was one to recommend, the evening meal was very satisfying and the cream tea the next day was a delightful treat. The home made lemon curd with scones has taken it to the next level for me. The hotel was immaculate and the views w]ere special. We only stayed one night but were able to use the hotel facilities for the full 2 days. A very unique memorable stay fit for my very deserving nan.
We visited again just for the cream tea 3 weeks later and I was very impressed with how you at made to feel just as valued as a non staying guest. The entertainment/activities put on for children was brilliant so much so my son popped next door into the playroom and had such a good time he thought he was at a party! This again adds to the overall experience The Carlyon Bay provide as we could relax with him being in competent safe hands,

Room tip: It is worth the extra to pay for a room with a view, avoid being above/near the kitchen where there is a sound of a generator of some sort.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
BrendHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Carlyon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Many thanks for your fantastic feedback, I was delighted to see you had an enjoyable experience here at Carlyon Bay.

Your comments regarding our staff and the attentive service delivered were a pleasure to read, thank you. I was pleased to see you enjoyed the food throughout and you made the the most of the Hotel facilities and entertainment.

Thank you again for taking the time to review Carlyon Bay, we are delighted to have made your Nan's Birthday A luxurious and memorable experience for you both. I do hope we can welcome you back soon.