“Overcooked food and appalling service”

Sally Pussey's Restaurant
Reserve a table
Fri, 18/06
20:00
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: "Bringing the finest ingredients to simple, homemade, delicious food" We pride ourselves on our food, made with the finest locally sourced ingredients. We listen to you and take your feedback seriously. You told us you wanted only fresh, healthy food, with no artificial ingredients, and that is what we've done. Our fairtrade whole bean coffee is sourced from smallholder growers, because the big thing that smallholders have is pride and passion...and that's what makes our hot drinks taste so good. Many of our staff have lived in this area all their lives and as a company we are dedicated to making our business as sustainable as possible to keep our team employed, our local suppliers in business and the local people enthused about true 'community' food. Free parking, free Wi-Fi, big car park, friendly staff, delicious food, proper coffee, take out, eat in, .....why would you want to go anywhere else?
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First visit out for a meal for a year due to lock down. It was a meal for our anniversary and we were so looking forward to good things after being recommended the Sally Pussey. Sadly it did not come up to anywhere near expectations. The food was over cooked and very bland. My mixed grill meat was like cardboard and every piece gave my mouth a work out. The steak was none existent and mostly fat any how. The mushroom was just full of grease. The starter of King prawn twists were not appealing and looked liked 5 parsnips on my plate literally. Very small and very overcooked prawn pieces inside. My wife had haddock fishcakes which looked too uniform to be made. In house. They were passable but her main of vegetable lasagne was basically just a bowl of fat and a few mushrooms and other indistinct veg. To compound this lacklustre meal we had a very rude server. Who kept us waiting for very long times even though she could see we were waiting. We were sat for at least 20 mins before anyone bothered to speak to us to take our initial order. When they did speak it was abrupt and bordering on rude. Fist visit and last on that experience.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,012)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

When I asked to live table, as we were seated in a observatory right next to the accountant doing his work, I was met with a stern waitress who clearly wasn’t happy I asked to move (I’d booked a table). We were moved (reluctantly) and were met with a degree of hostility and unfriendliness by most staff (1 young girl very friendly and another lady friendly, everyone else miserable, no eye contact and certainly no smile!!). Disappointing as haven’t been out to eat for months.
The food was well below par, obviously a frozen burger had been thrown into a bun with half-done chips. By this time I couldn’t be bothered to complain and just wanted to get out of there! A very unenjoyable experience, one that I have no intention of ever repeating

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently attended a Funeral Wake at Sally Pussy’s. Paula , I think she is the Manager was absolutely brilliant.
Buffet food was amazing, and beautifully presented
I also visited Sally’s for Sunday Lunch fab food and choice

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Haven't been to this restaurant for years but the current manager has worked So hard during Covid to keep the place buzzing, with new ideas for outdoor dining experiences. However, we were eating inside under the latest guidance and we were not disappointed. The restaurant was very busy but we felt safe. The food was fantastic and well-priced for the good-sized portions. The meeter/greeter was a little brusque and unfriendly but the table staff was fine, though she didn't interact with us really (maybe a mask didn't help!). The ambiance was great and all 6 of us had a fantastic 2 course meal with drinks, with no complaints on any of the food. Thanks.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I booked a last minute table by phone and was told everything was fine, just to turn up and be placed on an ‘emergency table’ which barely qualified as a stool, and there was no way you could have eaten food off of it. I asked to move to one of the many free tables in the marquee but the server was rude and arrogant and told me there was no more available tables despite half the restaurant being empty. There were plenty of other tables and she just didn’t want to help whatsoever. Food was great but the arrogance of the staff working there ruins it.