“Tasty Takeaway ”
Review of Mayflower

Mayflower
Ranked #53 of 74 Restaurants in Devizes
Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

Ordered a meal using their online service. It was easy to use and you choose a time to collect or you can have it delivered. Online payment system.

The food was ready to collect within 5 mins of my arrival. I ordered selection of starters, main, mixed vegetables and rice. The food was well prepared, colourful seasoned, hot and tasty.

Staff were very friendly and checked the order. I would definitely do the same again and look forward to dinning in the restaurant when it reopens.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (21)

Reviewed 6 February 2021

We have had a couple of nice meals here but when we have tried to order a take away they just dont answer the phone. Last time we eventually got through after half an hour but tonight we gave up and went elsewhere.
Not a good way to treat customers.

Date of visit: February 2021
2  Thank clarewM3496EH
Trang Burton, Owner at Mayflower, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2021

Wow!, so now you can get 'Tripped' when you don't serve people as well as when you do, what a strange world we are now in?. Never mind the fact the front of house staff are all furloughed as the restaurant is currently closed, never mind the fact that we have only half the number of chefs working in our small kitchen in order to comply with our LEGAL requirements over social distancing as would we would normally have, never mind the fact it was really busy that night and everybody that was working were all working flat out cooking and packing all the orders that, incidentally, everybody else placed online without any trouble!! I don't recall hearing the phone ring particularly that much last night as everybody knows to order online when it is busy. that's strange!

The fact you allegedly persevered for so long obviously means that you, like all our customers agree we serve very good food, I take that from you as my positive from this situation, but that does mean that sometimes, more people want to order than we can physically cook for! We make no apologies for how long orders take or if we can get to the phone or not. Our staff work flat out and at the moment the usual customer retort of " you need more staff!" cant be applied because of social distancing limitations

I would have thought that, of everybody, a keyboard warrior would have known they could have ordered online and not sat on their sofa with their mobile on auto-redial for 30 mins huffing and puffing about it. if there is no answer after two or three attempts then order online, come to the counter and order in person or go elsewhere,its simple really. Nobody is forcing you to telephone us! Perhaps you looked online and having seen the wait times, thought you would try to call instead and attempt to circumnavigate the waiting times !?!?

Anyway, a 1* TripAdvisor is a permanent 'end of relationship' event as far as we are concerned. So although i have recommended ordering online above for others reading this, that does not apply to you, obviously!

You are no longer welcome to use our takeaway service or come to the restaurant, permanently! However, If you have incurred any costs from your auto-redial huff and puff, please contact us and I will happily reimburse you upon proof of telephone bill costs.

To others reading this reply. We, as you can tell, do not take the 'softly, softly, yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir' approach to negative TripAdvisor reviews. if you like our food and like us then great and we are happy to see you and serve you, if not then go elsewhere! nobody forces you at gunpoint to order from us! what I don't care for at all is the 'keyboard warrior' "I'm upset so I'll show them......" nonsense. If you do, don't ever come back. period. Take this as me giving you a 1* in return for not a good way to treat businesses.

The correct way to do this of course if you are unhappy with the service we offer is to contact us by email or by telephone at another time when it is not so busy to discuss your concerns and give us a chance to explain what had occurred, not to go straight to TripAdvisor or Google and sound off. We do care about the service we offer and it is 'good form' to at least be given the chance to explain any situation.

Incidentally, I waited just over 2 hours on the phone earlier this week to speak to EasyJet to make changes that could not be done online. should I perhaps now go to TrustPilot and one star them, or would that be 'bad form' given the current difficulties for all businesses? Perhaps we should ask ClaireW for advice on this?

Reviewed 30 December 2020 via mobile

We ordered a takeaway with delivery but after 30 mins over the delivery time (which was already set at 90 mins) and not getting through on the phone number given I walked down to the restaurant (approx a mile) where I was met by staff not wishing to take any responsibility (look how busy we are?). Whilst in the restaurant I had a call from my wife (45 mins late) saying the driver had arrived and in turn explained it wasn’t their fault. The food was cold and of a poor quality. Do not use this place as a takeaway. I won’t be again.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 18 November 2020 via mobile

6 of us enjoyed a very nice meal. Service good plenty of well cooked food. Very friendly . Not rushed . Hot plates well presented.

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank lizmB2215JK
Reviewed 30 October 2020 via mobile

I have been about a dozen times since they moved to the new premises. The food and service have been fantastic every time. Personally I think the food is seasoned perfectly!

Date of visit: October 2020