“You can see for free from highway ”
Review of Stonehenge

Stonehenge
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Amesbury
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: One of the most important survivals of prehistoric England, Stonehenge consists of a group of huge rough-cut stones, some more than 20 feet high, arranged in two concentric circles.
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

You can see for free from highway save you money not really worth it you can’t get close to stone nice field of sheep behind

1  Thank Dee22321205
Write a ReviewReviews (12,351)
All reviews
in 122 reviews
"free entry"
in 92 reviews

Reviewed 30 May 2018

A place I never thought I would see with my own eyes: Stonehenge and yet I was able to see it, walk around it, take tons ( I mean tons) of pictures of it, and was soo super excited to be lucky enough to see them. I know it might seem trivial to some, but for me I felt truly blessed to be there.

When our travel plans were finally set, I knew I couldn’t let this opportunity go by, I did research to see what’s the best way to go, and learned that a tour bus is mostly the way to go, I really wasn’t interested in touring with lots of people on the same agenda, so I kept looking around and found a smaller private tour (Anderson Tours) that went to Stonehenge, and it was about a group of 20, and we were on our own while at Stonehenge. Sweet! Lets go!

After you have you ticket make your way to the queue for the Stonehenge shuttle to take you to the famous rocks.

Once there, just take in the awe of the stones, do you feel different around them? Is there a vibe around them? I am in awe of them, between all the knowledge and technology we have, the mystery surrounding them, we still no real idea of how or why the exist.

This was a great day trip and happy to have seen Stonehenge, another once in a lifetime experiences I can check off my list!

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

There are a number of places around the world that I intend to visit over the coming years. On May 27th 2018, I decided to tick one location of the list.

I am currently on a brief vacation in the UK and had travelled from London the previous day to Reading. On the morning of the excursion, I took a train to Basingstoke where I took a connecting one to Salisbury.

On arrival in Salisbury, I was fortunate to find a tour bus outside the train station. Seeing this tour bus allowed me to quickly purchase a ticket and proceed on a historical journey until reaching Stonehenge.

At Stonehenge, I was impressed with the sight of the stones which have with stood the elements over the centuries. The upkeep of the area was noticeable, the huts and the visitor centre are all well positioned and does not assault the landscape.

The audio recording which you receive prior to arrival at site provide historical information which helps to explain to the visitor how the stones were moved over the miles to the current location and how they were sculpted.

I can say this is trip that can be done by yourself or with friends and family.

I would recommend a visit to Stonehenge to anyone. I have included a few pictures for your perusal.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Stonehenge is so unusual, unique and quintessentially British that if you're in the area then it is definitely worth a visit. The museum is informative, setting out the history of the area clearly.