“A real treat”

Cuisines: Deli, British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely silver cutlery and China crockery. Delicious cakes. Fabulous, friendly staff who quietly realised we had a 2 day old bride in our party and told a manager who presented a small gift for the bride and groom. Great customer relations

Reviewed 30 May 2018

We have been to every other Bettys except this one in Ilkley and it takes the lead. We put them all at "Excellent" but Ilkley has a plus added. Somehow Bettys seem to be able to find and train staff members to quietly and efficiently do the job, not intrude but be there when needed and to be, well, pleasant and welcoming. Sure you pay a premium to go but it is well worth it. Food comes up to standard too, the surroundings have an ambience about them and it's clean. Ok, not a modern place with hard surfaces making conversation impossible ( no wonder people stare at their mobiles in these places they can't hear themselves speak! ) , but a place to go, relax and enjoy. We did,

The ONLY comment I would make is that the gents toilet is upstairs which could be difficult for some but there is a disabled toilet on the ground floor, so use that.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Great food and great service. Betty's manages to maintain a high service standard which is difficult in the service sector. Well done.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

I'm not your typical Betty's customer. I very rarely do afternoon teas - they do excellent afternoon teas. I'm not a great cake eater.- they do great cakes. But this was midway through a sunny afternoon of sight-seeing and a box which my wife wanted to tick.
I agreed as long as it wasn't too crowded. It wasn't.
So we joined the (mostly) ladies who late lunch and took seats with a view (granted only of the car park). Imagine my delight at discovering I could have a bottle of Timothy Taylor's Landlord ale and, because it was so sunny, my wife joined in the spirit of the day with a glass of rose wine. Hardly their acclaimed teas or coffees but well worth broaching protocol for.
A slice of (apparently) delicious lemon torte chosen from the wide ranging selection completed our order which was tended to smilingly by one of the several friendly, obliging and efficient, traditionally costumed servers.
A very pleasant experience. Maybe I'll try a cake next time?

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Robin D
Reviewed 25 May 2018

Not often you can walk straight in to a Betty's restaurant but we did! The food was as good as ever and lived up to its reputation. The Yorkshire curd tart delicious as were the other sandwiches and cakes we enjoyed with our Australian cousins.a real yorkshire tradition.