All reviews the pub roll top bath my partner main building open fire steak and ale pie sunday dinner booked a table yorkshire pudding bite to eat lovely food car park under new management lovely room be visiting again stayed one night lovely place
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

My partner and I recently spent two nights here and it was beautiful. The room was large, clean and had a great homely vibe. I enjoyed it so much I looked to see if we could book another night but there was no vacancies. Only suggestion would be a small fridge and an iron in the room to make the stay even more comfortable. I can’t wait to visit again next year.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HaleyT132, Owner at The White Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Melissa thank you for your wonderful review. Thank you for your suggestions we have on our list to provide irons and ironing boards in each room, we do have them on request for guests. Sorry we didn’t have room for you for another night but we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I stayed for one night whilst doing the Pennine Way. I was given Room 10 which is in a block of four a single storey buildings at the rear of the main building. It is a triple room and, as I was on my own, I had a lot of space to myself. The premises are really clean and the staff very friendly. The breakfast was very tasty.

Trip type: Travelled solo
HaleyT132, Owner at The White Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. We hope you enjoyed completing the Pennine Way, it takes in some amazing scenery whilst being quite a challenge.

We hope you return to Hebden Bridge soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Problems from the outset as no allocated parking for people staying over...carpark has space for 14 cars and its first come first served basis. Not told this on booking when i enquired about parking, just assured there was a private carpark. Hanging around for someone to move as didnt want to unload luggage ect from carpark some distance away! Our room was beautiful and clean well set out and as it was £140 a night it was as expected. There was a large bedroom, massive bathroom and a hallway. Unfortunatley the only heating we had was a plugged in convector heater in bedroom and all radiators were turned on but not working. So basically freezing toilet trips in the night and damp towels that stayed damp. We ate there at night and my husband's name meal was lovely but pricey £16 for a pork dish with no potatoes ( sides extra) i had chicken suoreme which was very disappointing, a chicken leg pan fried in a milky tasteless sauce and potatoes a bit too hard i left most of it. When we received the bill we were charged £23 for my husbands side order of potatoes! We got that sorted and they refunded my meal ....but i was left still hungry and went to bed to a freezing room. I would never go again though we are frequent visitors to Hebden Bridge as i did not like the managments manner almost blase' as they had refunded their mistake! I will say tge young waitresses that served us were all lovely and helpful managment lets the place down.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BillyJFletcher, General Manager at The White Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Hello Lauren,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review on our Trip advisor. I of course recall your issue as it was from this very weekend.

Apologies about the radiators being out of service during your night’s stay on Friday. Unfortunately we suffered an airlock in the system knocking out a few radiators. We tried to make sure heat was provided if required with the electric heaters in your bedroom and corridor outside your bathroom, but I appreciate this is less than ideal. We’re delighted however that you enjoyed your surroundings and we hope you had a comfortable nights sleep.

As for your meal - I’m also pleased your husband enjoyed his food. Our Trio of Pork dish is currently being served without potatoes due to customer feedback previously saying the dish was quite heavy and too much to finish. We adapted slightly but I will still take all of your feedback on board as we approach design of our winter menus. As for the Chicken Supreme - whilst I never usually disagree with customer reviews I would like to make it known to those reading this that the dish is one of our most popular dishes and we get many compliments on the sauces, dauphinois potato and quality of our locally sourced chicken. Food is of course subjective and it’s a shame you didn’t enjoy what you had - but I hope if you ever decide to revisit the White Lion again we could serve you something more to your liking.

Finally, as I explained yesterday morning - I would have loved to have spent more time with you to discuss your issues as unfortunately I wasn’t present myself on Friday evening during your meal - however as I was setting up for a wedding that morning and was incredibly busy. I did explain I’d be in touch via email to discuss your matters further and to discuss what we could do to rectify them - but thank you for giving us the opportunity to discuss your concerns on our Trip Advisor platform.

We do hope you decide to visit again and please make yourself known should you decide to do so and we will ensure an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Visited the area for the weekend but only stayed here on the Saturday night due to the price, but very glad we did decide to splash out a little.

Visited for dinner on the Friday night which was nice and then returned for Saturday night, staff were all very friendly and accommodating, rooms were so comfortable and the quality was clear, lovely towels, bedding, coffee making facilities etc.

Only 2 downfalls; bar closes at 11 (although this is probably due to not wanting to disturb other guests) and breakfast was a little disappointing. The continental section was a small selection of cereals and some weird pre packaged 'pastries', the cooked menu had a good selection however, the poached eggs that I ordered reeked of vinegar.

That aside I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HaleyT132, Owner at The White Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and your dinner on both Friday and Saturday. Without valuable feedback we can’t improve our service so we thank you for your comments re your breakfast. We do provide about 6 to 8 varieties of cereal, museli and granola, most guests do opt for our cooked breakfast though. The pastries are delicious, they are all brioche based pain au raisin and pain au chocolate and again are an addition to our extensive cooked breakfast offering. I have passed on your comments regarding the poached eggs to our chefs they do add a little vinegar to the saucepan when cooking as standard practice. We would have happily rectified this for you had you made us aware during breakfast. That aside we look forward to your speedy return, The Lion comes into its own in the winter with our real log fires.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Visited with family for Sunday dinner.
Best Sunday dinner I have had this year. Food served hot, delicious meat and vegetables. Compliments to the chef.
Staff very polite and helpful.
Will definitely visit again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
BillyJFletcher, General Manager at The White Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thank you so much for your very kind review Steve!

We’re very proud of our Sunday lunches and we’re delighted you’ll be returning again!

Kind regards,