21 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Initech8US$182
TripadvisorUS$80
BluthCompany
Initech
1,398 results
All reviews irrigation room beet farm beet wine table making goat harry potter battlestar galactica bedtime story the barn indoor plumbing cousin mose america room bed and breakfast themed rooms civil war schrute family simpler times
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When I stayed at Schrute farms, we had the Irrigation room. That room was really cool and different than any other agrotourism farm I have ever been to. I recently went to the Stalk Inn, I thought it was ok but it got a few bad reviews and had to close. The staff was so nice and I felt very welcome. We especially liked Mose's table making demonstration and the homemade beet wine. Everything about this place was very well thought out from the out house to the precise amount of manure in the field, I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for an adventure.

Date of stay: April 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Saw this place on an agritourism blog and jumped on an opportunity for a much needed getaway. The person I made the reservation through was super efficient and straightforward, and almost underpromised the experience. So glad I deciphered the directions (I definitely heard the beehive and didn’t go far enough to smell the bear pee), but I would suggest you try to spot this huge farm on Google maps before you go.
Check-in was quick and my room was small but full of personality (and antique gardening tools). I did manage to find a bo staff in the closet and a katana under my bed. Felt very safe knowing that.

Now let me be clear when I say that my intent was to go off the grid for a bit. I absolutely got what I wanted, and then some. You can’t even see the grid from this place. I have also never experienced so many ways to enjoy beets, pretty much to the point that I don’t have to ever eat them again after this trip. I honestly won’t ever get some of the farm smells out of some clothing.

But was it what I needed? It was exactly what I was looking for, and I’ll wear my souvenir sweatshirt proudly until I return. If you’ve ever been on the fence about staying on a farm, beets, pottery, or competitive archery on a field of manure, you owe yourself a few nights here.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wow! I’m not sure what we did to get so lucky but the state shut down bc of COVID 19 the night we arrived. There were four people in our party, two were all natural so of course they didn’t have any problems adjusting to the six feet apart mandate (the all natural deodorant kept us away already!) Unbeknownst to us, this charming B&B had a bunker!! I asked Dwight to add it to description but he said his wife thought it was whorish. We stayed down there for many weeks... but the service was great!! Moes continually checked on us and changed our bedpans. I would recommend this adventure to all my friends and family!!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
M K, Other at Schrute Farms, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

So glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope you'll come again!Shirls_0215

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

wow. this was incredible. so eye opening... so comfortable, and such a great farm to relax on. The beet vodka was very fine. I enjoyed the slaughterhouse and demonstrations, definitely will come back again. Schrute farms is my happy place. Tell Dwight I said thank you.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family had the most relaxing weekend at Schrute Farm! I’ve never had beets for breakfast but that quiche will stay in my memories for a very long time. We chose the Nighttime Suite. It was so beautiful to see the stars as we drifted off to sleep. What a great idea to be outdoors but still also indoors! It was a little uncomfortable on our second night, there was some snow. But the strangely attentive bellman came in and shoveled our room every half hour. Amazing guest service.
The Schrute Family is such a sweet slice of Traditional Americana. Mrs. Schrute, while petite and only 80 pounds, is a doting mother to her many children and .... her kitties. Our lunch at the adjoining Scrutes Cat Cafe was the furriest meal I’ve ever had!
Get the Goat Package, you won’t regret it! My children have become vegan since their experiences at the Farm, while I personally have become obsessed with finding dairy in my store with that “fresh-from-the-teat” flavor.
Two thumbs up I miss this place, wish I could go back in time to 2005 when it began and experience it all again.

Date of stay: February 2021