Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,649 results
All reviews the circular dining room the cottages iberian lounge beautiful hotel spa services the main hotel turn down service hershey gardens chocolate bingo outdoor pool amusement park luxury hotel chocolate world fitness center water slides sweetest place on earth chocolate bar
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 December 2020 via mobile

The Hotel Hershey was just what I needed and I didn’t realize it until all the pampering began from the super friendly staff! During the age of COVID the the front desk staff had clear partitions to offer protection for staff and guests. The check-in process has been streamlined and is done promptly!

Most interactions with staff result in being offered Hershey’s Chocolates in all varieties (Kisses; Dark Chocolate Reese’s, etc). I had enough to make a Hershey’s care package for my Dad..Lol

During my stay the hotel was at 25% capacity and this was perfect for me to explore the spacious grounds without running into too many people in my walkabouts! There were many activities offered to engage guests, such as: Chocolate Bingo; Crafts and S’mores Roasting in the fire pit outdoors!

The grounds; lobby; stores were all clean and the staff were friendly! During COVID the Chef’s Market Store is open until 9p to get snacks! All other food can be ordered through room service or restaurants on-site! I suggest going out in the town and exploring restaurants or breweries (Troeg’s Brewery is down the road)!

My favorite part of the weekend was my trip to the spa (read my separate review on The Spa @ Hershey). Overall, Milton Hershey’s legacy of the leaving behind a place that gives a welcoming feeling on beautiful grounds makes you feel like you are at the ‘Sweetest Place On Earth’!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhillyShaney
Reviewed 24 November 2020

Pros: Stunning historic property with beautiful rooms, facility, and grounds; convenient location across the highway from Hersheypark; assorted perks such as free Hershey Gardens and Hershey Story admission.
Cons: Old hotel quirks; downright expensive.

If considered only as a place to sleep, The Hotel Hershey is merely adequate. The old property has its quirks such as smaller-than-expected guest rooms (unless you're used to staying in old hotels), cramped bathrooms with tiny bathtubs and toilets installed impossibly close to the walls, and a single elevator servicing four floors of guests. Fortunately the rooms are clean and comfortable, and feature amazing beds. You definitely won't suffer through your stay.

What makes The Hotel Hershey special are the multitude of perks. The property is covered with restaurants and lounges. There's golfing, if you like golf- otherwise there's one of the nation's premier theme parks immediately down the hill and across the street. The grounds are well-manicured, even when the weather turns cold, at which point there's a spacious indoor pool and hot tub for relaxation. A true historic hotel, this is the kind of place requiring more than one night to explore, appreciate, and enjoy.

Too bad the prices are usually very high, and most weekends require a multi-night stay. You'll want to eat at the restaurants and hang out in the swanky Iberia Lounge, but a small appetizer and two drinks will easily set you back an additional $40. Stays include admission to the nearby Hershey Gardens and Hershey Story, but if you're a family with many mouths to feed, a weekend here matches the costs of Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom resorts. Even when it's just the two of us, The Hotel Hershey isn't cheap.

Regardless, it's perfect for what it is and if you want to indulge a little (or a lot), there are few better places to do so.

3  Thank TeamPidge
Reviewed 19 November 2020

I love the Hershey Hotel. Such "Old World" charm and nice service.
Of course, Covid has displaced so many things these days....but it was a very nice two day getaway.
Dinner at the Trevi5 was great. Morning breakfasts in the Circular were very good.
My SPA facial with Courtney was wonderful.

1  Thank mamascho
Reviewed 10 November 2020

We stayed here for 2 nights for our 25th anniversary. The Hershey Hotel was beautiful. The people working there make you feel welcomed from the time you drive up their driveway. Check in was easy and Jason was very helpful with things we wanted to do in the area. The room was very nice (the bed was a little uncomfortable as it had a gully on one side of the bed, the fan didn't work in the bathroom, and the vanity mirror in the bathroom didn't have a working light) but other than that, the decor and the rose petals on the bed was a very nice touch. The chocolate massage was very relaxing and the services provided were topnotch. The staff make you feel extra special. We spent one evening at the Iberian Lounge. It was a nice place to hang out, get a few drinks, and some apps. The dark chocolate martini is to die for! Try it, you will love it. The Circular is another restaurant at the hotel. We ate there for our special dinner. Anna was very accommodating and went above and beyond to get us reservations and make our dinner extra special. The food was very good. For dessert, they sent out a special plate with chocolate covered strawberries and other goodies wishing us a Happy 25th Anniversary. The wait staff was very attentive and the evening was a perfect 10. The weekend was perfect from the weather, to the people/staff working at the hotel, to the wonderful memories. The GM, Bill, was very accommodating in making sure we had everything we needed. Thank you Hershey Staff!

2  Thank Jodi R
Reviewed 9 November 2020 via mobile

Went to the Hotel Hershey for a quick getaway and golf... we have stayed at the Hotel many times over the years ... where did the FOUR DIAMOND resort go? After arrival, we checked the restaurant reviews for the dinning options and were surprised to read about poor service - so we went into town and ate at Devon instead - which was average and inattentive as compared to what we previously experienced at HH Circular Dining room - disappointing. Milton Hershey is probably rolling over in his grave.

Then came the golf at the esteemed and expensive Hershey Country Club, Sunday morning ... at the HoteI at 7:45 I asked for the address to put into my GPS and the staff wasn’t sure ... but they did give me a card with directions... I googled it to check ... Got there a little before 8 and I had to invite the greeter to help with my golf bag ... no happy greeting “good morning Sir ... welcome to HCC” I asked about some food for breakfast and coffee “The grill opens at 8”. The grill didn’t open at 8 ...

BUT the person in the pro shop DID take my order for two coffees and two ham, egg and cheese sandwiches... it was suggested that we could wait in the card room for the food... The cart person stopped by at 8:30 to check on us she was very nice and apologized for the delay.

There was frost so we started ten minutes late at about 9:00 am, still no coffee or breakfast sandwiches ... After playing several holes we finally were brought two warm coffees and two cold, egg, cheese and BACON sandwiches... and the cart-person apologizing explained that the grill does not open until 10 and she was terribly sorry... but the greeter was wrong.

... It would have been nice if at checkin the day before - since we purchased the a GOLF and stay PACKAGE with a clearly noted early morning tee time .... we were told sorry but there is NO FOOD service at the HCC in the morning - then we could have made other plans ... even though the check in person took LOTS OF TIME to explain everything about the HH amenities... she failed to tell us to get some food at McDonalds or Starbucks before you go golfing because there is no food service at HCC for breakfast... not even a cup of coffee or a granola bar ... Is this FOUR DIAMOND?

By the way ... on a previous trip to HH and golf at the HCC we paid for and were provided hot egg, cheese and HAM sandwiches and very large hot coffees before an EARLIER tee time... that were very tasty .... so what happened to the service?

We played the East course... it was in good shape - except for the sand traps - unfortunately my approach shots were consistently short and I ended up in the traps that guard the greens more often than I care to admit ... and almost every single time my ball ended up in a deep footprint in the sand! We were the third group out so the traps should have been mostly smooth - I started taking notice of all the traps and none had been prepared for the full tee sheet that day - I guess the members don’t complain about this - it is the end of the season - be happy you are getting to play and after all it is a PRIVILEGE to play HCC and then there is Cv19 ... by the way by noon it was 70+ degrees and sunny and both the East and West courses were very full ... many, many golfers.

There are PUBIC golf courses that do a better job preparing for weekend play for a FRACTION OF THE COST even with Cv19... and have coffee and breakfast snacks at 8 am and bottled water in coolers throughout the course. I complained and was given a full refund ... so I should be happy? No I am very sad ... what happened to the HCC and HH? Why didn’t the guys at the Hotel in the morning suggest getting something to eat BEFORE going to the HCC? Perhaps a stop at DD or Starbucks or McDs - how about the greeter who said the grill opens at 8? He should have said, sorry sir the grill doesn’t open until 10 - then I would have left and gone to grab some quick food and if I ordered ham, egg and cheese from McDs ... I would have gotten ham, egg and cheese not BACON, egg and cheese. Bottom line, no one at this FOUR DIAMOND resort cared enough to know the details of the resort they WORK AT nor did they pay attention to their guests. They had THREE opportunities to inform us that the grill was closed but they didn’t ... they WERE TERRIBLY sorry that they didn’t meet our expectations...

Do how much MONEY did HCC save by not opening the grill at 8 am? How about skipping the daily maintenance on the sand traps at these very highly rated PRIVATE golf courses? Is this what a FOUR DIAMOND resort does?

My recommendation - if you want to get away to Hershey for golf... stay at a Hampton Inn, have dinner at Devon ... get breakfast at McDs the next morning and then golf at Dauphin Highlands ... pass on the Hotel Hershey and The Hershey Country Club until they start getting good reviews consistently again on TripAdvisor. Premium prices for poor, uncaring, unaware service does not work. Triple-Bogie.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank BillBernadette
Hershey Entertainment Resorts, General Manager at The Hotel Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2020

Hello BillBernadette,
Thank you for sharing this feedback. I am sorry to hear your experience at The Hotel Hershey and Hershey Country Club did not meet your expectations and I apologize for any confusion you experienced during your visit. We take guest feedback seriously and will be sure to flag this as a training opportunity for our team. We understand Hershey Country Club refunded your round of golf, but if you would like to further discuss your concerns with Hershey Country Club General Manager Jon Gehman, please call 717-508-5952 at your earliest convenience. Thank you.