Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey
Great 4.5/5
Candlewood Suites Harrisburg(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
Sleep Inn & Suites(Harrisburg)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsindustrial areafull kitchenpenthouse suiteindoor poolnewer buildinghershey parkseparate buildingsfront deskliving roomolder partpull out sofathe breakfast areamarriott propertiesfree breakfasta nice place to stayquiet areaoatmeal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Ticket to see Pat Benatar in Lancaster + winter weather advisory + 1:45 one-way drive to the theater = book a room and get an hour of that drive out of the way the night before. I used Marriott points so the room cost me nothing. I wasn't expecting a place larger than my first townhouse, but that's what I got. Fully equipped kitchen, nice living room, comfy bed. The place is full of modern decor and clean enough--I'd give it a 9/10 in that regard because I did see dust and the front of the dishwasher looked like someone had smeared something all over it. Honestly, I've never found a hotel that can score 10/10 for cleanliness--they all have dust. The selections for breakfast were very good--and there was plenty of fresh stuff with only 15 minutes until it ended. I asked to have an extra 15 minutes past checkout time so that I could sit in on a webinar for work (which the free wifi was fine for) and they gave me an hour. Staff was really friendly. There is a great thrift store right across the street. I'd return without hesitation.

Room Tip: My suite faced the highway, but wasn't noisy at all. The furnace is somewhat loud, but I'm used to hot water heat at home that's silent...
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 February 2018

The rooms are nice and look new which is the one reason I was surprised when our first room had water in the bathroom and our second room had two lights out. The staff took care of the problems immediately but I would not have expected this in such a new hotel. Will be back in the future because they are on the higher end of a well kept hotel in my book and staff response is what's most important to any issue.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed this past weekend to visit Hersheypark. We stayed in a two bedroom, two bath room that was located in the separate building. We were happy with the accommodation. The room was ready upon arrival (3pm) and was clean and well stocked with kitchen items. There were 5 of us and we were very comfortable. We used the indoor pool briefly, it was very crowded. Pool towels are extremely small (bring your own if you plan to swim). We thought the breakfast was good. We found a table both mornings, arriving around 8:15 each day. I noticed a sign in the lobby that said there was extra seating upstairs for breakfast, FYI. All staff we encountered were very friendly. We had a nice time overall and we would stay at this property again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2017

RI Harrisburg/ Hershey is an older style RI (with the apartment type buildings) along with a "newer" hotel building adjacent.

Service at the front desk was typically attentive, and they were quick with an upgrade for a Gold Member.

Rooms were in need of a deep clean and refresh. Splatters on walls, stained carpets, moldy areas in the bathroom, dust all over. Overall lackluster cleaning and poor supervision of the housekeeping team. Our housekeeper never showed up to clean our room after our first night.

The indoor pool was a nice size and temperature.

Breakfast was woefully inadequately staffed and supplied. On weekends this hotel is occupied by families and the one poor soul working the breakfast area is set up for failure by his manager. The breakfast area could use 2-3 people staffing to keep up with demand, keep the area tidy and well stocked.

The price was right but everything else was pretty much wrong.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

I booked two rooms (Room 1101 a one bedroom with a fireplace and Room 724 a penthouse suite). Stayed from Wednesday November 22 to Sunday November 26. I have stayed at this hotel several times and it has always been fine, but this time, not so much.

On Thanksgiving day, they have minimal housekeeping, which is totally fine. Both of my rooms we hung up the no service needed. I took the signs down on Thanksgiving night and put the come back later signs.

On Friday morning, I took the signs away at about 8:45am. Upon returning to the hotel at 7pm, neither room had been cleaned. I was very disappointed. I also noticed that there was BLACK MOLD in the bathroom (see picture). I went to the front desk and spoke with Yafit, who said sorry and he will speak to the housekeeping manager. I scrubbed the black mold off myself.

The pool area needed more towels.

On Saturday, the rooms were semi cleaned. They did not vacuum in room 1101, which is really needed.

Sunday departure was fine.

The breakfast area has a lot of nice items, but it is very small and very crowded. Had to wait to get a table. They do not keep it stocked. My family waited over 30 minutes for hot water and almost 40 minutes for them to restock the bread. Eggs were constantly empty. On Thanksgiving when it was empty breakfast was fine, but he other days were a disaster. Friday I just took what I could back to the room since there was no room.

I stay at Marriotts on average about 60 nights during the year and this one does not meet their normal standards.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family