All reviews full kitchen an industrial park penthouse suite indoor pool newer building hershey park basketball court older part living room marriott properties free breakfast pull out sofa the breakfast area ice maker oatmeal off the highway front desk staff
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed this past weekend to visit Hersheypark. We stayed in a two bedroom, two bath room that was located in the separate building. We were happy with the accommodation. The room was ready upon arrival (3pm) and was clean and well stocked with kitchen items. There were 5 of us and we were very comfortable. We used the indoor pool briefly, it was very crowded. Pool towels are extremely small (bring your own if you plan to swim). We thought the breakfast was good. We found a table both mornings, arriving around 8:15 each day. I noticed a sign in the lobby that said there was extra seating upstairs for breakfast, FYI. All staff we encountered were very friendly. We had a nice time overall and we would stay at this property again.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2017

RI Harrisburg/ Hershey is an older style RI (with the apartment type buildings) along with a "newer" hotel building adjacent.

Service at the front desk was typically attentive, and they were quick with an upgrade for a Gold Member.

Rooms were in need of a deep clean and refresh. Splatters on walls, stained carpets, moldy areas in the bathroom, dust all over. Overall lackluster cleaning and poor supervision of the housekeeping team. Our housekeeper never showed up to clean our room after our first night.

The indoor pool was a nice size and temperature.

Breakfast was woefully inadequately staffed and supplied. On weekends this hotel is occupied by families and the one poor soul working the breakfast area is set up for failure by his manager. The breakfast area could use 2-3 people staffing to keep up with demand, keep the area tidy and well stocked.

The price was right but everything else was pretty much wrong.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

I booked two rooms (Room 1101 a one bedroom with a fireplace and Room 724 a penthouse suite). Stayed from Wednesday November 22 to Sunday November 26. I have stayed at this hotel several times and it has always been fine, but this time, not so much.

On Thanksgiving day, they have minimal housekeeping, which is totally fine. Both of my rooms we hung up the no service needed. I took the signs down on Thanksgiving night and put the come back later signs.

On Friday morning, I took the signs away at about 8:45am. Upon returning to the hotel at 7pm, neither room had been cleaned. I was very disappointed. I also noticed that there was BLACK MOLD in the bathroom (see picture). I went to the front desk and spoke with Yafit, who said sorry and he will speak to the housekeeping manager. I scrubbed the black mold off myself.

The pool area needed more towels.

On Saturday, the rooms were semi cleaned. They did not vacuum in room 1101, which is really needed.

Sunday departure was fine.

The breakfast area has a lot of nice items, but it is very small and very crowded. Had to wait to get a table. They do not keep it stocked. My family waited over 30 minutes for hot water and almost 40 minutes for them to restock the bread. Eggs were constantly empty. On Thanksgiving when it was empty breakfast was fine, but he other days were a disaster. Friday I just took what I could back to the room since there was no room.

I stay at Marriotts on average about 60 nights during the year and this one does not meet their normal standards.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We stayed here after visiting Hershey Park, which wasn't very far away at all. Great customer service, we were kindly greeted at night. We stayed in a studio and the room was really clean. There were also Hershey kisses on the pillow - nice touch. Room was on the 2nd floor, we climbed a small flight of steps (not bad). Breakfast was included which ended at 9AM. It was a bit of zoo, just before it ended, but there was a nice spread.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I prefer the newer Residence Inn's where the rooms are on the inside and there is an elevator involved; however, this is not one of those. We traveled with very large suitcases so dragging them up and down a flight of stairs was back-breaking. That being said the room wasn't bad...outside of the mold growing in the bathroom tub. The tub itself was disgusting and needs to be replaced quite honestly. But I needed to shower, so I took the challenge and hopped in. I'm still alive so assume all is good.

We were there just overnight so didn't get to try any of the other amenities so can't comment on anything else.

Room tip: Stay on the bottom floor
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Brandon B, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

I apologize for your experience at our property. The condition of your room was not up to standards. Please contact me and let me know what I can do to make this right for you. Best regards