All reviews free laundry full kitchen handled the situation hershey park extended stay a great place to stay room was large front desk staff mini vacation other hotels comfortable beds minute drive booked this hotel kitchenette pillows
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

I had an extended stay from January 22, 2018 - April 21, 2018. The hotel was very clean, housekeeping came weekly and did an exceptional job. I always had a clean room and all the necessities of home.

The entire staff was amazing and always available for any questions. I really liked all the extras: coffee, snacks( popcorn/Hershey's kisses and being able to do laundry for free).

It's conveniently located near the expressway, shopping and dining. Don't take my word, make a reservation, you will not be disappointed.

Gwendolyn McMickens

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Gwendolyn M
Alicia S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

We Love and Miss you Come BACK!!!!!!! We can't wait to see your Beautiful Face!!!!

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel through ihg. They were really helpful in the booking. As soon as we walked through the front doors we were greeted by a women behind the desk with a big smile on her face. Now that's the way to start a vacation! The breakfast was delicious. Couldn't ask for anything more for breakfast. Rooms were nice and clean. Not too far from hershey park, that was a plus. Overall will definitely stay again!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Raffi N
Alicia S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Thank you for your 5* review I am glad you enjoyed our hotel as much as we do.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

I was originally supposed to stay in a different hotel when I came to Harrisburg for a wine and chocolate Valentine's Day gift. The hotel had overbooked and sent candlewood a letter that we were to get a free stay and charge the other hotel for our night. The candlewood asked for our card and charged us anyways. Not only were we out the money (for 4 days from our debit until I made several phone calls) but the hotel was in a horrible location. It is a 2 minute drive from a prison!! Which we discovered when we had to go get pizza since there were few places who would deliver. We also had a stranger enter our hotel room since the door didn't lock very well and we had to go find his parents. Our original hotel offered free breakfast and this place wouldn’t even give us a toothbrush unless we paid for it since my bf forgot his!! I've tried to contact management but despite their "24 hour return" I haven't heard back! I am very upset with this chain and will never stay in a candlewood or IHG hotel again!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Xokpalmerox
Alicia S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

XOKPALMEROX,
Please contact me directly at the hotel at your early convenience, so we may talk about your stay. I truly apologize for your unpleasant stay. My name is Alicia S.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

This is a nice enough hotel. The room was large and we were comfortable. We did encounter a problem in the lobby where a lot of air freshener was smell in lobby. The internet was terribly slow and there was no video streaming here. I liked the free popcorn bags in the lobby. I usually just get one bag in my room at this brand.

The freezer was also in serious need of being defrosted!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Alicia S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

AGoingGal

First off I would like to thank you for your review and feedback. Due to the smell in our lobby we as a IHG brand are required to have a air freshener and it could have been that we just replaced it and the smell was a little stronger then usual, so I do apologize. Our internet is in the beginning stage of being replaced. I appreciate the feedback so I can fix it, and again thank you and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

The front desk staff was amazing. I normally post the negatives first, but honestly I don't have any. Clean spacious rooms, pool area was cozy, and tall yet comfortable beds. We felt very comfortable and safe at this hotel. We will definitely book here again!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Alicia S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Good Afternoon KopJay01,
I want to say Thank you for the 5* review I am very please to hear you have nothing to say negative. We try very hard to keep our guest Happy! We look forward seeing you soon. Again Thank You