All reviews putting green basketball court ruby tuesdays social hour evening reception great hotel light dinner bedroom suite full kitchen definitely stay here again hershey area minute drive complimentary breakfast home away from home sofa bed hot tub indoor pool
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

I needed a night to get away and I’m so glad I picked this hotel. The price was affordable and the staff at the front desk was very pleasant, even though I checked in late. The room itself was immaculate and the bed was heaven- those sheets and pillows were so amazing that I’m considering purchasing my own so I can experience it daily. The free breakfast was tasty they had a few different choices and plenty of coffee so I was content!
Last month I stayed overnight at a different hotel chain up the street for $50 less. For the extra money, the difference in quality is astounding- Homewood Suites is well worth the extra few $’s (though it was affordable anyway) and I can’t wait to go back!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Homewood_Suites_East, Sales at Homewood Suites Harrisburg East-Hershey Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

We love to see reviews that begin with AMAZING! We take great pride in our team members and amenities and are thrilled when gets not only notice, but take the time to post a review. We will look forward to "welcoming you home" on your next get away.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

My family and I wanted to spend the night after a day of Hershey Park. The hotel is awesome - quiet (which the adults, both of us) needed desperately, & has enough TVs to keep all 5 kids happy. The staff are super polite and access was easy. Loved the Mexican restaurant very very close by - we walked to it. The breakfast in the morning was very nourishing and much needed no brainer (we were recovering from 10 hours of Hershey Park) Will most certainly go again!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Homewood_Suites_East, Sales at Homewood Suites Harrisburg East-Hershey Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to post a review. I am thrilled to read that the suites provided enough space (and TVs) to keep 5 kids happy! Our top goal is to exceed your expectations by providing awesome accommodations AND offering exceptional customer service. Hershey provides year round activities - we hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

Stayed here one night while traveling through the area. Had a great experience from a very professionally done check-in to check-out. Afternoon Happy Hour as well as breakfast offerings were very well done and should suit just about any palate.
Room was clean and well=appointed and bedding was excellent.
Main eating area has a high ceiling for an atrium=type feel which adds to the comfortable atmosphere. Would highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: We always choose a room on the top floor, as well as one not facing a busy street or highway.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review. We comments like "highly recommend this property". Perhaps your next trip could be arranged to stay more than one night? Thank you for allowing us to serve you.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

I wrote a review of this hotel in 2007, when we brought our grandson with us for a trip to Hershey World. Eleven years have gone by, and we finally had the occasion to return to this hotel. While it does need a bit of renovation, this hotel remains one of our favorite of all time. The staff is incredibly welcoming and helpful. In this case, I want to compliment Caitlyn at the front desk for our fast check-in and for helping us set up a recalcitrant internet connection. I am techno savy, but I was still having problems. (I actually used the advice she gave me when spending the next night at a Hilton hotel in Calgary, Canada. Worked like a charm.) The lobby and dining room areas are lovely, and the courtyard space was just as we remembered it, full of comfortable chairs, a basketball and putt putt area, etc. At first we planned to go out to dinner, but when we saw the reception offerings, we stayed and dined there. There were delicious hamburgers on the grill (thank you, Mary, for your warm hospitality), as well as chips, salad, etc. We ate our fill, saving us $$ and time when we needed to leave the hotel VERY early the next day. Our room was large, comfortable, and complete with kitchen facilities. A small touch, but one we have seen only aboard cruise liners, was a washblothl duck to welcome us. (See picture.) Somehow that touched me as much as any of the amenities at this great hotel. Location is terrific. It is not far from either the airport or Harrisburg and in the center of a great shopping area. Had we had the time, we could have used the pool, fitness center, business center, game areas, etc. Shall I return? Absolutely.....but I don't want to wait another 11 years!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Homewood_Suites_East, Sales at Homewood Suites Harrisburg East-Hershey Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

THANK YOU for an amazing review and for returning 11 years later! Many of our team members are still working here! We appreciate your comments and noting our goal of exceeding your expectations. We are pleased to announce that our renovation will begin in January, so upon your return trip, we will have an entire new look. Rest assured, the same great service will always be offered - duck washcloth and all. Caitlyn is a superstar and will be recognized at our next team meeting. Hope to see you sooner than 11 years!

Reviewed 14 September 2018

The desk agent helped me. My reservation at another hotel was messed up and they were sold out. My business travel agency then booked homewood suites but that reservation never came thru when I got there either. After arriving ther after 11pm and an extremely long day, the desk agent booked me with my corporate rate, upgraded me to a better room, greeted me with a smile in the morning and offered more helpful information and benefits regarding future stays with homewood suites. He made a rough time not only bearable but pleasant. I am so grateful.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and for choosing our hotel. We pride ourselves in providing outstanding customer service 24 hours a day/7 days per week. I can only imagine the stress that this may have caused, but am happy to hear that you were checked in quickly. We hope you had a good night of rest. We would be honored to be your hotel of choice for any return visits.