All reviews hershey park waffles front desk eisenhower blvd walk in shower king suite indoor pool great place to stay i highly recommend this hotel hard boiled eggs free breakfast the check in process breakfast area harrisburg mall up to date restaurants and shopping breakfast staff
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Leaving Hershey we wanted somewhere close to the Middletown, Hummelstown Railroad for our next day visit. The hotel is in an area near lots of shopping and restaurants, convenient to Harrisburg/Hershey. Cost was ok, the room was clean & beds were comfortable, Breakfast decent. Decor was nice. The indoor pool was small but nice for those cold months. We had a problem with the AC & the desk staff came up right away and helped us. We didn't hear much noise in our room until morning when everyone was getting up to leave. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2018

We stayed here on our way down to Baltimore. The hotel is in an area near lots of shopping and convenient to Harrisburg/Hershey. Cost was good, beds were comfortable, breakfast decent. Decor was nice. Would return again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2018

This was a good stop over for me after dropping my daughter off at college, but the room could have been cleaner - crumbs in a couple of places, soap still caked onto the soap dish in the shower and some kind of soda stain (I THINK!) on the wall of the shower. Staff members are pleasant and the free breakfast is the fare you would expect at a chain such as this.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Room on the last floor, we could hear tv on one side, people laughing on the other, and all the passage in the hallway. The pool was small albeit fun for kids. Breakfast was super basic. Only good thing may be the location: between Harrisburg and Hershey, close to Harrisburg mall, and the Capitol Dinner.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2018

We stayed in another Sleep Inn in the Harrisburg area 2 years ago, so we thought we’d give this property a try. It’s about 15-20 minutes from Hersheypark, which was the reason for our visit. Hotels in the Hershey area run $200-$250 easy, so this was an affordable alternative. It’s located on a busy route near plenty of businesses and dining options.

Check in was a little slow as the clerk had a language barrier issue with the people in front of us, but once it was our turn, we were ready to head to our rooms in < 5 minutes. The clerk said I had booked a King room and that she changed it to 2 Queens (we had our two children with us), but when I got to the room and checked my reservation I really had booked 2 Queens, so that was a bit odd. Their key card system is nice – you don’t have to put it in a slot, you just wave it at a pad on the door.

Our room was on the 2nd floor (there are 4) located right behind the elevator. As a result, we had an extra long entryway (which I confirmed when I saw all the open doors of the room being cleaned the next day), which was nice. We were worried the sound of the elevator might disturb us during the night, but we didn’t hear a thing – not sure if it’s because we were so tired or if they do a great job insulating the walls, or both! Everything looked clean and updated, no complaints with the condition of the room. The bathroom was spacious as well, lots of counter space, and there was a safe available in the closet (we didn’t use it). There was also a microwave, coffee maker & refrigerator in the room, but we didn’t really explore these as we were just staying the one night. We did use the hair dryer in the bathroom, and it worked great.

The kids wanted to swim, so I took them down to the pool. If you’re looking for a large indoor pool, this isn’t the hotel for you. It’s located to the right of the fitness room (you need your key to swipe), and there are some lounge chairs in the room but they’re turned sideways because there’s little room, although there was one or two tables with 4 upright chairs. Honestly for our purposes it was fine as we were exploring Hersheypark the next day, and they’d get plenty of pool action there. There is a cool light that illuminates the pool and changes the water colors. Our kids (7 & 9) met a few nice girls and they all played Marco polo together. They do have towels available to dry off in the pool area.

After showers, I was in search of dessert for the kids. The vending on our floor was just drinks, so I went to the vending on the main floor only to discover the same. I asked the clerk and she said candy/snacks are on 3rd floor vending. I decided to take the stairs (the elevator was headed to the 4th floow and I didn’t want to wait for it to return), and they did have the look/feel of dorm room stairs. Now I rarely take stairs at hotels, so maybe that’s the norm? It wasn’t off-putting, and they were clean enough, just not what I expected. I was able to get them candy, so mission accomplished!

We slept comfortably, and I went to the continental breakfast the next day and brought food back to our room (I was worried they’d say it had to stay in the dining area, but no one said anything). They had paper plates & plastic silverware, which made disposal easy. There were apples/oranges available, as well as various juices, milk, and coffee/tea. There were 2 cereal choices (I think Rice Krispies & Cheerios), a microwave with oatmeal packets nearby, a refrigerator with a variety of yogurts, butter, cream cheese & hard boiled eggs (my husband said the egg was a big mushy), danish, bread/English muffins/bagels and a nice toaster conveyor to toast them (with an assortment of butter/cream cheese/jellies/peanut butter). There was also a few hot items available (egg round, sausage patties & links – I toasted an English muffin and added a sausage patty & egg round – the only thing missing was cheese). Lastly is the old continental breakfast favorite – the fresh waffles! I made several, and they were good! We would have liked to see maybe whipped cream/chocolate chips added to top them, or even some cut up strawberries.

At checkout, our bill was already printed out & ready to go, took < minute. Overall, we feel this was a very good value for us, and suited our needs well. When we return to the area, we would definitely stay with them again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family