All reviewsfull kitchentwo bedroom suitepaul mitchellhershey parkthe breakfast areabass pro shopsized fridgebagelsname tagthe sofa bedenjoyed our staysmall kitchenstove topfree internetexercise roomshort stayan easy drive
Reviewed 9 March 2018

We stayed here during a weeknight in the off season. The hotel seemed fairly empty, so I was surprised when at night we heard a lot of noise - it seems the rooms are not very soundproof, and on and off throughout the night we were party to our neighbor's phone conversation.
The bed seemed smaller than queen-size and wasn't well made (the sheets were lumpy). So, I was not too impressed by the room overall.
The pool area was nice and well-maintained albeit small so we enjoyed relaxing there.
The breakfast area is small and badly laid out so you are constantly bumping into people going in/out, but the staff in the breakfast area were very kind and helpful.
I do think that this hotel's strength is the staff who really go out of their way to accomodate. They can take this hotel from average to great!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2018

This hotel is across the street from Harrisburg mall. We enjoyed our stay and used the pool. We were part of a group, but did not get the group rate because we were a family of 5. I felt the hotel was expensive since there is really not much to do in Harrisburg on a weekend. It is PA capitol and most things are occurring during the week. Even with the cost, the staff was so helpful. All of the staff greeted you, and asked if you needed anything. They were very attentive. The hotel was very clean as well.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank hcs922
Reviewed 22 January 2018

I chose the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey because of its location to Roundtop Mountain Resort where my family and I went tubing. After tubing all day long it was nice to come back to a quiet hotel to relax and go to bed. Upon arrival, there was an issue with the keys issued to the room and the staff upgraded us to a 2 room suite. I thought that was very nice and was more than thankful. There room was clean and comfortable and after having a bite to eat, we all hit the sack. No noise, no problems. I will have to say that the breakfast was not as exciting. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels across the country and this was hands down, one I would rather forget. The offering of small, flat round peppered things that were supposed to be eggs and the sausage that looked barely cooked and tasted bland, need to be replaced. The serving area was quite small and you had to wait for someone to finish making their waffle to get to a plate. Very cramped. That was my only downfall to this hotel. I would stay there again only I will go out for breakfast next time and skip the free one. Hats off to the staff! They were very nice!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

I just finished driving in from New York City... For a business meeting I had, and Sarah at the front desk promptly checked me in with a smile and warm greetings.

I have to be moved because my 1st room the heater didn't work properly and Sarah Brought me the new Room keys with again a smile and apologized for any inconvenience.

Comfy bed
Nice towels
However my room did show some wear in the shower area... Hopefully maintenance adresses this right away so it doesn't get worse.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank ANTH5656
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

My family really enjoyed our stay in a two bed room suite. Staff is very friendly. Place is spotless. Pool and hot tub clean and safe. Breakfast had good and flavorful options. It’s located close to restaurants, the mall and grocery stores. Overall awesome.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family