Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstayed herestandard fairfieldsmall lobbyhershey parkno major complaintsyogurtfree breakfast was nicesheetz gas stationhard boiled eggsroom was cleanhershey bears gamehot tubdriving homethe hotel staff was friendlycorner roomwould stay againtwo queens
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

The have very old mattress that caused me back pain and had to switch to a different hotel. Not the normal Fairfield mattress that I was used to. If you are willing to sacrifice a good night of sleep for whatever reasons then this is the hotel for you.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Habeeb S
barry k, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

All mattress are one year old.We use Serta Master Suites,Which is what I sleep on at home.I know everyone is different in their likes and understand.We have very few negative feedback on our mattress.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights to go to the farm show. This hotel is located between I83 and I81 and 10 minutes or so from the PA Turnpike so convenient travel from all points North, South, East, and West. The PA Farm Show complex as well as its off-site parking were 10 minutes away. Walking distance from the hotel are 2 shopping centers with many sit-down restaurants as well as department and dollar stores, convenience and take-out restaurants, banks, gas stations, and even an electric car charging station. This hotel has recently been revamped. For example, the carpeting in our room and all public areas was brand new (but no chemical smell) and there were no signs in our room of chipped paint or caulking. We also like having a microwave and mini-fridge in our room. Staff was very friendly. Will definitely stay here next time we go to the Farm Shw.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joyce C
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We were to stay at this hotel for 11 days, but after 2 days we left to go to the Springhill Suites, the beds were very hard and it felt like we were sleeping on box springs instead of the mattress. We asked several employees if all of the beds were the same, and we were told they were all new beds and all the same, so we decided to leave as our backs really hurt after sleeping there for two nights!!
Other than the beds, the refrigerator made a ticking-like sound all night long, but the hot tub was nice, breakfast was the same as all other Fairfield's.

Room Tip: bring a mattress topper
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
barry k, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

We are so sorry we didn't meet your expectations.We just put all new beds in our rooms.They are Serta master suites.their top of the line.I know everyone likes a different bed and I'm sorry ours didn't work for you.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Cleanliness / Bed Bugs
Grade: A
I checked several “bed bug” websites prior to making our reservation and found no reports of bed bugs at this location. I agree with the assessment. We found no bed bugs. In addition, I felt that the hotel itself seemed very clean. I have no complaints.

Amenities
Grade: Incomplete
Pool / Hot Tub
I have no opinion on either. We did not use the pool or hot tub. They seemed small, but serviceable with standard restricted hours.

Breakfast
Grade: A
The food was fine. Usual selections, nothing extraordinary. The staff tasked with taking care of serving and restocking the food was friendly and helpful.

Staff Interaction
Grade: A
The few interactions we had with members of the staff were positive and cordial. The Front Desk, cleaning staff, and breakfast staff were all friendly and outgoing.

Signage / Parking Lot
Grade: A
The signage was fine and we located the hotel with no problems. The parking lot didn’t seem very big, but since the hotel isn’t huge, maybe it’s ok. We were there during an off-peak time and had no problems. I’m not sure about busy times, but there may have been more parking on the other side of the building that we didn’t see.

Room
Grade: B
The room was small. It was serviceable and met our needs, but it felt cramped. It was clean, which is the most important part. The most annoying thing was that the Television and Mini Refrigerator were clearly plugged into the same power outlet. Every time the refrigerator cycled, the television cut out and had to restart. That got aggravating.

HVAC System
Seemed pretty standard. No major complaints or compliments.

Walkability
Grade: C
This is problematic. Even though the hotel abuts a large shopping plaza, it is difficult to walk from the hotel to any of the restaurants or shops in the plaza. We did. But had to cut though parking lots, down grassy hills, and walk across access streets. We made it work, but it wasn’t easy. Sidewalks would be a nice addition. Unfortunately, the hotel has no control over this.

Summary:
Grade: B+
The hotel was fine. I have no major complaints. Nothing was spectacular, but there was nothing particularly wrong either. They clearly built a small hotel and used the space they have efficiently. There is almost no lobby space – on ANY floor – even the breakfast area is compact. If I couldn’t find a hotel with larger rooms, I would stay again.

General Notes for ALL hotel managers:
1. 50% of this country is Republican. 50% of this country is Democratic. Having the TV in the breakfast room set to Fox News or MSNBC will immediately provide a profoundly negative experience for half your guests. It would be more productive to have the sets required to be on a neutral station like the Weather Channel, Discovery Channel, or HGTV.

2. Please pay the extra money to have decent cups and plates/bowls at breakfast. Why should the coffee drinkers be the only ones to get a cup that won’t fall apart when a liquid is poured into the cup?

3. Have “adult only” hours in your pools. Children should be in bed by 9pm or 10pm anyway. Have 10pm until 11pm or Midnight be for 18 years of age and older. It’s harmless, but produces goodwill for the “paying” part of your clientele.

4. Quit putting alarm clocks right next to the beds that could pass for search lights. They are too bright and I end up flipping them on their faces to “turn off” the light. Try blue light clocks or find ones that have covers or could be dimmed.

5. The rooms need to be quieter. Whether that means you have to spend the money to get better soundproofing between rooms and floors, or if that means you designate certain floors as being “adult only” is up to you. Hotels are for sleeping, not running and screaming down the halls or pounding on walls at 1:00am. Quiet good. Noise evil.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
barry k, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Thanks for your review.We use them at our staff meetings to see where we can improve in the areas that we can impact.Your detailed review was very helpful.I thank you for your honesty and imput.Please think of us when in the area.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

stayed 2 nights over xmas break. conveniently located off 83. McDonalds, many sit down restaurants, and sheetz located within walking distance.

checked in via the app. keys were at the desk when I arrived. place was very clean. went up to the room and it was awesome. room was very clean.

went to the pool, a little chilly for my taste, but I went to the hot tub to warm up.

breakfast was fine. waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, breads, bagels, and fruit. milk, juice, and water.

highly recommend.