Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey
  • Room Service
All reviewsrestaurant rowcapitol buildingcapitalconferencecoupon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2018

Perfectly decent hotel, good size room and bathroom. Renovations in lobby made entering and checking in a bit unpleasant, but the staff was quite nice. Gave me a two-hour late checkout due to weather travel delays.

Stayed: January 2018
Andy B, other at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for your positive comments, on your recent stay. We understand the renovation process can be unpleasant, but the exciting part of that is we have almost reached completion. We are appreciative of all of our guests' patience through the renovation process. I hope you will stay with us, in the future and enjoy our new look throughout the entire building. Out team takes pride in providing the level of service all of our valuable guests look forward to.
Toni R
AGM

Reviewed 16 January 2018

I primarily picked this location due to proximity of the train station; literally a 3 minute walk, otherwise I normally stay at Marriott properties. This location was undergoing remodeling while I visited January 2018, and it was sharp, clean, and modern. There are 10 floors in the building, and I stayed in a king on 10th. The hall/room decor is heavy on the dark/brown side, but its all very comfortable. I felt the entire hotel was quiet, which I prefer. The funniest thing about my room was that every lamp shade was off center; I couldn't tell if this was by design or just sloppiness but I got a kick out of it. The room was clean and new, and there are tons of outlets and lamps all over to plug into.

The free internet is capped at 3mb/s download, which is on the slower side. The bathroom is very nice, but I felt it was cramp, and if two people have to put their bathroom items near the sink its going to be very difficult. They really should have made more space for this. Otherwise, I like the sliding shower door, the water pressure was good, the water got nice and hot, and the bathroom supplies provided were excellent. The room has an ac/heater window unit that is wall controlled. I normally hate these because they blow right on the bed or desk when Im working, but this did neither so I has happy with it.

I bought the breakfast when booking my hotel, which I believe is $10 vs $16 if you buy at the hotel. It had the basics (eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, potatoes, milk, fruits, cinnamon rolls) and its a buffet so you can have as much as you want. The first day I went down at 8:15am and there was no eggs or bacon there, and I kindly had to ask them to refill it. Its all self service, but they will ask you what you want to drink and bring you something, which is included with the breakfast. I was very surprised no breads were offered with the buffet. The other option is just order ala carte off the breakfast menu. Overall, it as okay, but honestly I would not spend $16 on this.

The fitness center is what I consider normal for a hotel like this; 3 treadmills, a bike, 3 ellipticals, dumbells up to 50lbs, two utility benches, etc.

Hotel check out is a breeze through the app, got my bill under my door on day of checkout, everything easy here. I would recommend this property and stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking time to post your detailed comments about your recent stay with us. Our team is dedicated to providing a level of service that exceeds our guests' expectations. I have shared all of your comments with our management team and they in turn will share with their teams. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and enhance service and value all feedback. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you to the Harrisburg/Hershey area.
Again, thank you and we value your business.
Toni R
AGM

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Pros:
This is a beautiful hotel, with recently renovated rooms. The staff -- especially the restaurant staff -- did an exceptional job.

Cons:
The room was very noisy.
The walls are less than paper-thin. We could clearly hear every word spoken in adjoining rooms; we could hear when they touched their clothes hangers.
There were screaming matches in the hall at around 3am.
Our room overlooked the emergency room of the nearby hospital.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Andy B, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you very much for taking time to send us your feedback. I am so sorry that you did not have a 100% restful stay, and I do apologize. During your next stay, be sure to let us know your request for quieter floor, and/or our sleep kits. Thanks again, and we hope to see you during your next trip to Harrisburg.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

This was my 2nd time staying at this hotel as I travel from Baltimore to Harrisburg often. My 1st stay was awful about 6 months back but this stay was nothing like I would expected. Upon check-in ( didn't make reservation ) the service far exceeded my expectations. Its like they rolled out the red carpet and gave me a good deal on the room (2 nights) and even walked me up to my room to ensure everything was to satisfaction. AWESOME JOB...
The hotel itself smelled new as I believe major renovations were taking place. My room (710) was perfect. Yes, I inspected the room in and out and couldn't find a thing to complain about (odd in this world today). The carpets I loved and the décor was very tasteful. The staff that shoveled the dusting of snow that turn out to be 4 inches was right on spot. AWESOME job... I was so impressed with the service, staff, the pool plus the location I will make this my GO TO HOTEL in downtown Harrisburg. I am planning my 46th birthday in June, yehp.....The Crown Plaza / City Island / Hershey trip. Thank you to everyone again... You have earned my business... See you in June if not before....

Room Tip: The pool is a big plus
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us such kind words in regards to your recent stay. I am so thrilled to know that we have redeemed ourselves from your first stay and I look forward seeing you during your next trip! Thanks again, and let us know if you need any help planning your B Day!

Reviewed 22 December 2017

This is an excellent hotel in the heart of Harrisburg, centrally located and walking distances to restaurants and stores. The room are new and clean. They also have a nice restaurant onsite, if you don't feeling like stepping out. The valet-parking service was super convenient. When I had billing questions, the Guest Manager was super helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Andy B, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us such kind words from your recent stay. I will be sure to share your comments with the whole staff, and we hope to see you again during your next trip to Harrisburg.