All reviewsoutdoor poolup to datebreakfast buffetconference roombusiness tripfirst floorhershey parkan overnight stayadjoining roomsstaff was friendlynice staybeds were comfortablehollywood casinosaloonbanquetcirclebrenda
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We reluctantly returned to the hotel for another stay. Unfortunately things have not improved.
Pros: The hotels day manager was awesome. She was very friendly and did her best to help everyone.
The housekeeping staff was on top of everything and very friendly.
Maintenance was responsive to the issues they were trying to fix as well as being super friendly.
Some rooms are renovated. The lobby is nice
Great location. Close to the Hershey Park and casino.
Cons: Where do I start.....
The hotel rooms were very damp and musty smelling. The carpet was damp. We were with a large group so we know it was not just our room and others complained at check out as well.
The air quality in the rooms is unacceptable. If you have any issues at all then stay away.
The outside staircase has yet to be repaired and is now is worse shape then before. This has been year 3 and its still not fixed.
After 4 days of ordering breakfast, the order was not correct once. The waitstaff is very friendly but the orders never came correct or things were forgotten.
There is not enough waitresses. Only two on staff for a busy weekend and no bus person to clean tables?
Hotel guests are charged to enter the Saloon on a Saturday night...

Over all this is a nice hotel is just has issues that need to be addressed to make it a great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kastive
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

awesome! Server Heather was incredible!!
we love her! service was great! customer care was great! Food the entire weekend was incredible... rooms were clean. all requests were met perfectly and quickly

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
AmbermReilly, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Patricia C,

Thank you for your 5 star rating! We appreciate your business and are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us! It was pleasure hosting the PA Federation of Democratic Women convention at our hotel and we really hope to have the opportunity to have you back with us next year. Again, thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon!

Best,

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Very poor air conditioning system that dosen't eliminate humidity. Stale odors present in hallways and room the whole time. Drains plugged in Bathroom upon arrival ruined 1st day.

Great staff very helpful and courteous, special thanks to Brenda M, server. Maintenance staff excellent.
Food was excellent.

Room Tip: with humid weather you will suffer.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Mel A

Dear Mel A,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate your business and want to know what we can do to improve future stays with us. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the rooms A/C and bathroom drain. I can assure you that your comments have been passed along so we can try to prevent this issue was reoccurring. On a brighter note, I am happy to hear that our team was able to provide you with great service which is something we strive for. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

The lobby was beautiful. The parking nearest our room was full so we went to the back of the hotel, entrance D. There is not a lot of lighting here and after checking out our room decided to move our vehicle, just as a precaution, since we did not know the area. We opted for a mountain view room due to other reviews and we were not disappointed. We even saw several deer in the fields. First impression while coming in the back of the hotel was that it was okay, but once I saw the room I was in love with this hotel. The restaurant is good and they are always willing to make changes to accommodate dietary needs. The staff was friendly and helpful. If in the area again, we will stay here.

Room Tip: The mountain view was great, I would suggest it.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear K B,

Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Our mountain view rooms really are a favorite to most of our guests and I'm glad that it suited you! I will be sure to pass your kind words along to the rest of the staff, especially the restaurant! Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We were on a touring holiday with a group of friends and stayed for 2 nights.

This is a very big hotel so you have to walk around a lot of corridors. The restaurant was good and food tasty. The mudslide cocktail was good. Tim the barman was great and stayed up late for us and the dancing was good fun.

However the room was smallish compared to other hotels in the chain. There were several electrical sockets but most didn’t work. We had to unplug the clock in order to charge up our devices. The bed was smaller than others too. In fact the Holiday Inn Expresses on our tour were far superior. The big issue is that I was not convinced that my bed had been changed from the last occupant. It was all very crumpled especially the pillow (see photo). I would have complained to Reception except it was very late at night and I did not want the hassle or to disturb my room mate. However I did not feel entirely comfortable in the bed.

Breakfast was good with a reasonable choice but they wanted to charge extra for juice which is not very good if you don’t want a hot drink. Not one of our other hotels on our tour did this.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Hevsy,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was not what you expected it to be. I can assure you that your comments with be passed along to the head of housekeeping so we can be sure this issue doesn't happen again in the future. However, I am happy that you had a good experience in the Winner's Circle Saloon and I will make sure to tell Tim about your kind remark! Again, I apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay and I'm hoping we have the opportunity to make it up to you in the future.