Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
Trip.com
ZenHotels.com
All reviews scranton area cinnamon rolls indoor pool hie clerk
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 July 2021

It was just a Saturday night in July, not a holiday, just a regular weekend. The fee for one night at this HIE was well over $200! It's in Scranton, PA. Not Manhatten or Chicago, rather the mountains of Central Pennsylvania. I'm not sure why, it's no different than the HIE places I've stayed in many times prior to the pandemic. For some reason, the price has nearly doubled. Are the beds twice as comfortable? Are the cinnamon rolls twice as delicious? How about the towels, are they twice as fluffy? Sorry, the simple answer is no. Nothing has changed except for the jacked-up price.

Room tip: Ask for a room that is not near the elevator.
Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 17 March 2020

I left my shaving kit with my medicine inside. I called the very next day which was a Thursday. I ask nicely if they could mail out as soon as possible because it had my medicine in it. They said they would see what they could do but I would have to give them my credit card information. So I did. I called that Monday to see if they mailed it out . The lady Aylissa (I Believe) said it may be getting shipped that morning and was very defensive when I questioned what took so long to get it in the mail to me.

They overnighted through UPS and charged my credit card 81.00 dollars. There was multiple other ways they could have mailed it and cost less than 15 dollars. Since they procrastinated and finally decided to mail it they did it overnight next morning . Unbelievable!!!!!! I am a Spore Elite customer and now I am going to switch because of them. Have been a loyal customer for a long time to IHG properties. Time to shop the competition.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dickson City - Scranton, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2020

Hello louw883,

It's great to hear from one of our IHG Reward Club Spire Elite members and thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience.

I regret to hear your frustration with the service that was provided in helping you resolve your concern. We appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will directly speak to the General Manager regarding this.

It is our commitment to provide transparent, efficient and friction less experiences for guests and making the necessary changes would help us provide a better experience in the future. I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception. Again, thank you for sharing your comments. In addition to this, we have sent you a Private Message for further details. I hope to hear from you soon.

Hector P
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 March 2020

We always have a great time at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. The accommodations are great, continental breakfast is wonderful and the service and staff are always very friendly. We have fun relaxing on the patio in the evenings too.

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed 27 January 2020

We have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express & Suites on road trips over the years. This is by far the best one we have been in. From the moment we walked through the door to check in until the time of our check out we had a superior experience. The employees are all very professional and polite, the hotel is extremely clean and well organized throughout, and the extras (tuck shop, breakfast bar, pool area, room amenities) were well planned and good quality. The hotel atmosphere was quiet and respectful. We will go out of our way to stay at this location again. Kudos to the team there for a job well done! Well worth the short drive from i81, also close to a wide variety of shopping.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 7 January 2020 via mobile

This was a very nice hotel and I had a great three night stay. The price is a little bit on the upper side, so if you are on a budget this might not be the place to stay unless you are doing it for a special occasion. I stayed just a few days after Christmas, and the entire hotel was decorated very beautiful for the season. The room was clean and the amenities extremely nice. I ate breakfast all three mornings and it was a typical hotel breakfast for the upper end of medium priced hotels. But at least it didn’t cost anything. I would have no problem staying at this hotel again. The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the area, and they have discounts for nearby restaurants, several are within walking distance.

Date of stay: January 2020