Review Highlights
Ocean waves

endless minutes, viewing ocean, thinking thoughts, making memories, self reflection, spiritual... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Bettaboop
The music of the wild ocean

When we stopped our car, I came immediately outside. It was amazing. The waves went high up. it... read more

Reviewed 31 December 2018
Robby G C
Toronto, Canada

All reviews dog walkers favorite places low tide on the rocks tide pools homes birds waves bridge views ocean
Reviewed 10 July 2018

I cannot say enough about this place. It is a haven to me when I get all muddled up and a serene place to get back to being human. Low tide, high tide, sunny or overcast it is simply one of my favorite places.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 16 June 2018

My wife and I spent the early morning here with coffee, enjoying the quiet morning and watching the beachcombers, dog walkers, birds and waves come and go.

There is loads of parking at no cost and no entry fee, plenty of good views to be had even from the car.

If you decide to leave the car, there are few beach access points that you can take to get down to the sand an rocks and explore the tide pools. Enjoyable at both high and low tide. High tide you can catch waves coming in and breaking on the rocks, Low tide will allow a bit more exploration and some fun photo ops.

Dog friendly by the looks of it since we saw loads of people with dogs walking around.

There is also a public restroom there nearby the parking lot, nice little hidden gem on the backside of town, just a couple blocks from the Hwy.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Lovely area with tide pools and low tide, big crashing waves at high tide. You can sit in your car, or you can get out and hike around the rocks also walk on the beach at low tide. Usually a good view of surfers.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Bonnie L
Reviewed 27 April 2018

A wonderful place for the sick, lame and lazy to enjoy the wild or tame Pacific Ocean from the comfort of a vehicle.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2017

This was our first stop on our first full day in Yachats... and it was a great choice! Beautiful day, calm water, a bit windy, and the tide was about half of high...

We were able to walk some, see tons of birds playing above in the wind currents, see how the waves carve out the sand and the mid-bank cliff sides...

It was a great start to a wonderful day!!

Date of experience: June 2017