“Avoid”

Add it.
The Sea Crab House
Ranked #94 of 102 Restaurants in Seaside
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Description: "Looking for a fun way to get messy with your favorite seafood? Head Over to The SEA Crab House! The only restaurant on the coast offering a unique Service style and limitless cajun themed boils."
Reviewed 21 September 2021

Waiter belongs in a truckers diner…we were with friends for a nice dinner, didn’t need a smart ass waiter telling us the ‘fresh’ seafood was still in shell to make his job easier..the boils are build your own with a separate charge for each item…lobster was $90, crab were $35# with 2# minimum, separate charge for corn, potatoes etc..….we settled on a crab salad ‘$25’ he said all seafood was fresh…crab in salad was canned crab, hardly fresh…us other 3 had cod or shrimp baskets..nothing fresh, all frozen that came from Sysco or local Safeway. Will never go back and would not recommend!! We should have listened to previous reviews but couldn’t believe they were all so negative..lesson learned!!

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (11)

Reviewed 28 July 2021

We came to have dinner a few days ago and called for a reservation for a party of 12. When we arrived, the server turned us away. She said she didn't know about the reservation and claimed she couldn't do anything about it. There were plenty of available tables inside. She then told us there's a Thai restaurant down the street.

Is this because our party was Asian? I expected better from a restaurant that relies on tourists for business. Shame on you. This place is racist and deserves zero stars.

Reviewed 25 July 2021

Went here after seeing ads for it for months. I was expecting better from them honestly. First: I stood in an empty line (me and my daughters were the only ones in line) for over 30 mins as each waiter and waitress walked right passed us and and never even acknowledged us! Should have walked away then but had my heart set on this. Finally got seating and I then ordered my food. There wasn’t any pricing in the menu for the meat in the boils... so I went with something I knew I liked and added some things in like corn and shrimp... when my food got there I started cracking the crab open and there was barley any meat in them!!! Almost like that frozen stuff you can get at Walmart!! And guess what??! No shrimp in my boil like I requested... so when I asked the waiter to bring my shrimp he said he would and then 10 mins later... still no shrimp when he came by to ask how we were... he said he would go check. Still took another 5-10 mins when he came back and forgot that I had asked for refills on drinks. Then I asked for boxes 3x and he still had to be reminded AGAIN for refills at that time as well. This place was not organized at all and the waiter never empathized for the wait, then when he showed my the price to pay my jaw DROPPED! Idk how the price added up but the service I got and the crappy food I ate I could have paid a quarter of the price for ON MY OWN! I do no recommend this restaurant at all and never will go back! And you shouldn’t waste your money either!

Reviewed 8 July 2021

Let me preface this review by saying we actually ate at the location in Astoria that appears to be a sister restaurant to the location in Seaside. This restaurant served up frozen processed seafood you can buy in the freezer section of any grocery store - at fresh seafood prices. The service was sketchy and the restaurant has no liquor license hence no beer, wine, or spirits. Our party ordered two orders of cod and chips, one order of shrimp and chips, and one order of calamari and chips. All of it obviously came right off the Sysco truck and into the freezer, eventually finding it's way through the deep fryer and onto our plates. We had to ask for flatware for the entire table as the wait staff didn't originally supply any. There is nothing to recommend this restaurant and I can't imagine patronizing it again.

Reviewed 5 June 2021

I stopped here for a lunch with my son and his family. We ordered the crab pot with garlic butter, chowder, and chicken strips with fries for the kids. The garlic in the garlic butter was completely raw. So it was inedible. The legs meat on the crab was weird, dry, and almost chewy. The body meat was better.
The chowder was odd and nowhere near traditional. Lots of different herbs that don't belong in chowder. The garlic bread and drinks were awesome. The kids chicken strips and fries were good.
Being a family that doesn't like to complain we chocked it up to we just wouldn't order that again.
We paid the bill at the table as my daughter in law was finishing her chowder. She then found a nickle size piece of clam shell in her chowder. It was sharp and she didn't notice it until she had put it in her mouth.
I this point we decided to bring it to the mangers attention. We started the conversation expressing that we were not looking for a discount or anything and let him know of our displeasure. He was not interested or engaged in the conversation. He was rude and seemed to care less. He wasn't even Apologetic. He stated there is a disclaimer about the chowder and a lot of people get disappointed in the crab after they see the bill..... needless to say we were very disappointed in the food and customer service. I would not suggest it to anyone. I would tell to drive a couple blocks to the bell bouy and get way better crab there with excellent service.

Date of visit: June 2021