“Beware”

Add it.
The Sea Crab House
Ranked #94 of 101 Restaurants in Seaside
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Description: "Looking for a fun way to get messy with your favorite seafood? Head Over to The SEA Crab House! The only restaurant on the coast offering a unique Service style and limitless cajun themed boils."
Reviewed 5 June 2021

I stopped here for a lunch with my son and his family. We ordered the crab pot with garlic butter, chowder, and chicken strips with fries for the kids. The garlic in the garlic butter was completely raw. So it was inedible. The legs meat on the crab was weird, dry, and almost chewy. The body meat was better.
The chowder was odd and nowhere near traditional. Lots of different herbs that don't belong in chowder. The garlic bread and drinks were awesome. The kids chicken strips and fries were good.
Being a family that doesn't like to complain we chocked it up to we just wouldn't order that again.
We paid the bill at the table as my daughter in law was finishing her chowder. She then found a nickle size piece of clam shell in her chowder. It was sharp and she didn't notice it until she had put it in her mouth.
I this point we decided to bring it to the mangers attention. We started the conversation expressing that we were not looking for a discount or anything and let him know of our displeasure. He was not interested or engaged in the conversation. He was rude and seemed to care less. He wasn't even Apologetic. He stated there is a disclaimer about the chowder and a lot of people get disappointed in the crab after they see the bill..... needless to say we were very disappointed in the food and customer service. I would not suggest it to anyone. I would tell to drive a couple blocks to the bell bouy and get way better crab there with excellent service.

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (11)

Reviewed 22 May 2021 via mobile

Really bad place to go! Super overpriced! NEVER go there. I ordered clams, mussels, crab and potatoes I can say that I got literally 3 potatoes for 5 of us!

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 22 May 2021

the food was not enough, too expensive, all clams shells were empty, the bread costs $6 :) and the chowder is just potatoes.
i kid you not. the whole thing was so ridiculous and sooo expensive that i have no words. do not go, they will not be in business much longer. they are thieves

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 25 April 2021

We ate there on a whim the first night and went back the next night because the food was so good. We did the build you own boil. First night was shrimp and clams with added potatoes. We chose The Sea sauce for the boil. It's a mix of several of the other sauces. You can choose several different levels of spiciness. We chose low since my wife isn't a huge fan of really spicy food. The shrimp were a very good size and we got about 18 shrimp for the pound. The pound of clams were not really worth the extra money so we just got shrimp the second night. We also added a side of garlic bread. Not your typical garlic bread as it was mostly just large chunks of garlic on a roll with butter drizzled over it. But it was tasty nonetheless. They had a number of unique non-alcoholic beverages, but I didn't try any. Overall it was very delicious and the staff was very friendly.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 13 April 2021

Stopped for lunch...I was alone. Was sorry I didnt bring more people! Had the Shrimp boil. Sold by the pound. You build your own boil. I chose shrimp with sea sauce. Had just a tang of heat. Just enough. The shrimp were amazing! Be prepared...it is messy...but soooooo good. They give you utensils and bib. Happy tummy

Date of visit: April 2021