“My Salem Favorite”

Table FIVE .08
Ranked #21 of 587 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Loved this place ate here twice on our visit to Salem. Wonderful happy hour. Memorable meals, the burger was fabulous, seriously! Tuna poke sticky toffee pudding all great!!! Unusual and delightful drinks , created and served by the festively slightly off( in the best of ways) bartender. Nice vibe inside and out. I highly recommend table 508

Reviewed 6 May 2018

First, let me say that this is one of our favorites in Salem, and we eat there frequently. Service is generally excellent, especially when we are served by Kelsey as we were last night, but also Rob, (terrific bartender) and we have had good service from others as well.
Everything we have ever eaten here has been excellent. The prices are a bit on the high side, but worth it considering the quality of the food. And we most often go there for happy hour when there are some less pricey options. At happy hour, we love the burger with beets and horseradish aoli, although it is almost TOO good a deal for those who are not big eaters.
We love having the choice of still or sparkling water, ice or no ice.
It can be loud; we have not generally been bothered by that but last night, perhaps because we were there later than usual, we had trouble hearing one another over the folks seated at the bar.
We highly recommend this restaurant and expect we will continue to be frequent diners here.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

My wife and I have lived in Paris France for over ten years and we eat at the homes of good French friends and in good Parisien restaurants regularly. I have never had a meal in France that was better than the meal I had last night at this restaurant. We were five eating together and sharing tastes. This is a restaurant to share tastes if you can tell salt from pepper. The halibut with corn is exotic sounding but great. The clam on toast was superb with a broth to die for. The Ahi starter was tasty with interesting textures. My clam and mussel linguine had big tasty mussels and lots of clams. It was spicy to my choice. It was more spicy than my wife prefers. My wife's duck was as good as I make myself and I do it a lot. The food was thoughtfully prepared. There are lots of wine choices and many silly cocktails. One woman had a cocktail of blue cotton candy and vodka. The chocolate fondant was perfect. Hot with a side of home-made ice cream. This is a great place if you like to take pleasure in your food.

1  Thank Larry W
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Convenient downtown location, with a varied menu of main courses and a long list of specialty drinks. We had reservations for 7 at 6 pm on a Friday, and we were seated immediately. It got a little noisy as the tables filled up, and the beverage service fell somewhat behind. But the food was served with all special requests done as ordered in a timely manner, and none were disappointed. We will definitely return to this restaurant.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Another nice restaurant near the Elsinore. Cool vibe befitting of an improving Salem food scene. The menu has all the standards with some nice twists. They have a fusion influence. A nice appetizer menu. Love the pork belly wraps. The charcuterie was very good. Been there a couple times with different people each time. To a person they were pleased. Great cocktails. The creme brûlée was fantastic.

Recommend it highly.