“Great atmosphere really good food”

Ritter's Housemade Foods
Ranked #14 of 616 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Description: Ritter's is a neighborhood eatery in downtown Salem. We feature local ingredients and partner with the best that the Willamette Valley has to offer.
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

We were at a convention and this was only about a block-and-a-half away so we went for lunch there was 6 of us and we each ordered something a little different the pizzas were really good the only thing I would say is that they're more specialty pizzas than just your standard.... I had the burger and french fries as you can see from the photo the burger was very good the bunny looks homemade they use good lettuce the meat itself was very tasty it wasn't planned it actually had flavor the french fries I really like they're really cool small then they're very crisp and they do them and have really good oil evidently because they had a great flavor I would definitely go back just for the fries and a burger the atmosphere of the place is very nice a little loud but everyone in there is having a good time talking joking they have nice high boots as well as low tables so you can pick what you like to sit at I would definitely go back if we were down there again stop in try a burger or a pizza you won't be disappointed

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I love coming here. Good food, good service. Lots of seating and a nice little bar to sit at. They have an awesome BLTA sandwich and I get it every time I come in. Definitely check this place out!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 15 September 2018

We were wandering around downtown Salem before visiting the Capital. A friend recommended Ritter's and we wandered by and decided to try it out. It was a busy Wednesday at noon.
You place your order and find a table. Service was very prompt with our drinks followed by delicious Dungeness Crab & Oregon Shrimp sandwiches. We were seated by the salad prep area and it was fun to watch the crew in action. It is easy to see why they are so crowded.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

This is an informal restaurant where you order at the counter take a number and the food is delivered to your table. Food uses local ingredients and there is a separate ice cream and sorbet to counter.
The fingers and crab sandwich tasted mostly of fresh crab and came with pickled vegetables. The corn and tomato soup was thick and flavorful. You can also order extras such as fries, which are thin cut and favored with rosemary.
The marionberry sorbet was very good. There are both inside and outside tables.
Prices are reasonable.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

My family and I had a great meal at Ritter’s. We chose sandwiches and burgers, but the entire menu looked really good. I ordered a couple glasses of rose from the little gem of a bar, but after seeing the gorgeous cocktails being served, I will definitely order one of those next time. The pour on the rose was very generous, as were the portion sizes on the appetizers and mains. I almost gave a four rating because my burger order was wrong. However, the polite and quick correction and delicious food, plus excellent service earned a five. I will be back.

Date of visit: August 2018