“Take the Train”

Ranked #5 of 21 Transportation in Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 31 May 2018

We stopped driving to Portland years ago. Union Station located within walking distance of lots of hotels, restaurants, pubs, and coffee shops. Never had any problems with station staff or with mixed up schedules or announcements.

All reviews
"sleeping car passengers"
in 6 reviews
"classic building"
in 3 reviews
"beautiful old train station"
"neon signage"
in 3 reviews
"easy access to downtown"
"wrong line"
in 4 reviews
"architecture"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Located on the north edge of downtown Portland, Union Station is the local home to Amtrak. We traveled on the Amtrak Cascades to Seattle. What a beautiful ride!

We passed through beautiful countrysides, lakes with flyfishers trying to make a catch and small towns with quaint but beautiful train depots. We arrived in the heart of Seattle, just down the street from the fish market.

As to our visit and experience at Union Station, the customer service was phenomenal and we enjoyed fresh coffee and breakfast snacks while awaiting boarding at the station.

This is a historical building that I highly recommend checking out, even if you're not taking a train ride!

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Very pleased w/Portland station. Red cap was right there when I needed him from the train to the curb. Now that I am leaving I get the same service from the curb to the Metro Lounge, which is very comfortable. This station is unique just like everything else in Portland. I was looking for something different and I got it.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

I took my Coaster liner from Portland to L.A from here. The building is nice and the service is good. There are a bathroom zone, a bar-easy groceries shop and a waiting zone for passengers. All very clean.