“Worst meal on 2 week trip ”
Review of Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit
Ranked #211 of 4,594 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Myself and my wife came here after walking past it earlier in the day and thought it looked like a nice place to dine for the evening, how wrong were we!!! We were on the last night of a two week road trip of the Pacific Northwest and had been dining out every day. This was by far the worst meal in 2 weeks. I ordered the rib eye steak which when it came looked like a good choice however after tasting it I can honestly say the only thing saltier would have been to drink a glass of sea water, it was revolting so I left nearly all of it. The server never came back during the meal so never had the chance to send the meal back. After telling the server when they came to clear the plates she told the manager who never came to apologise. Two drinks were taken off our bill but not really worth it for a $45 steak. We paid up and went to another restaurant for dessert. Very disappointing!!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food was so good and I totally recommend the French Onion deviled eggs, so good! Great atmosphere and the staff was very friendly!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The menu is eclectic and includes lots of ham procust, rabbit etc... perhaps a bit exotic for a hotel restaurant.

I enjoyed the chicken - quite juicy and tender as well as the cauliflower. My dinner companion enjoyed the bolognese pasta.

The wine and cocktail list is extensive with several pages of spirits offered. It does seem more geared to a cocktail nar with interesting small plates than a special occasion restaurant

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went for lunch. The menu has a broad selection. We were a large group and yet the service was very good. I completely enjoyed my meal. They have quite the desert menu as well.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was looking forward to trying this restaurant whose chef won Top Chef. But honestly, it was just ok. The chicken was perfectly cooked, still juicy, but I wasn’t fond of the coating. Service was excellent. A colleague eating with me agreed that it was just ok. Not worth the money.