“I am not in to beer but damn! That was good!”
Review of Deschutes Brewery

Deschutes Brewery
Ranked #45 of 4,649 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fusing a distinct Northwest and classic Scottish Pub feel, this Pearl District destination has become a convivial gathering spot of beer and food lovers since its 2008 opening. The brew pub's 26 taps feature Deschutes mainstays plus a selection of seasonal and experimental beers developed and brewed on site exclusively for the Portland pub. Executive Chef Jill Ramseier heads the kitchen team, crafting classic pub food taken to the next level. Jill matches our brewer's passion, creating dishes from scratch with the best possible local ingredients.
Reviewed 2 May 2018

I got there by association/accident several times over the week I was in Portland. Everything was very good. Both quality and execution.
Best think I can recommend was a soup of the day.
Beer and cheese, leek and potato, black bean cuban - my oh my! Gorgeous!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,112)

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Wonderful beer flights and tasty elk burgers to soothe the travelers soul. Casual vibes, nice decor and fun laid-back atmosphere. Highly recommend for anyone travelling to Portland.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Great beer and good wholesome food. The beer menu is a rolling menu with new beers being tapped regularly. The selection is wide ranging and the has a very wide range of styles and flavours. The food is ideal to set up you up for sampling a few of the beers.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Went here two days in a row while visiting Portland! First visit, got a beer flight and sat at the bar. On our way out we stumbled upon a 10th Anniversary Party( for the brewery), going on right under our noses! Free food and beer pairings! It was great, tasty and so much fun! And free! Went back next day for dinner and this place does not disappoint! Had an Obsidian Stout and a Black Butte Porter. The cheese tray was plentiful, with delicious house made sausage and the pretzel with cheese was yummy! Had a Wagyu Beef dinner, with snow peas, and Yukon potatoes, not on the regular menu but this was great! Don’t miss this place!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

My coworker who is from Oregon suggested that I stop by and I did. It is definitely not disappointing. My wife & I arrived on Friday afternoon but it is still very packed. The decor is different and unique and the vibe was definitely very lively.

Tried 6 different beers and per friend's suggestion, tried the Fresh Squeezed and Mirror Pond. I will have to say they are all very awesome but I hate to agree that I do like Fresh Squeezed better because it was so refreshing!!! We tried beer nuts, pork wings, & some sort of cookie. They were good going with the beers.