Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Michael G

It was ok. We were in for a 5K race

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 May 2018
It was OK and we got to watch some TV, go grab a bite to eat and take a hot shower. We were in town to run a 5K race the next morning. It was quiet but the bed was hard and the room smelled like smoke.
I would stay again but the room would have to be a non-smoking room. Close to restaurants and our event so it was fine.
Date of stay: April 2018
    HK$881
2.0 km from Econo Lodge Convention Center
3.0 km from Econo Lodge Convention Center
View more hotels in Portland
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I would not say this was the worst stay I have had at a hotel in the US. The Barclay Hotel in Atlanta wins that hands down. To be fair, one must list the pros. Good location, not too far from downtown Portland, just over the bridge and a reasonably priced Uber ride. However as far as the cons, the rooms are very average, and one gets the impression that this isn't the most comfortable part of town, despite there being far worse areas downtown. A big big minus is that there is no elevator, and there was no real enthusiasm to help with luggage by management (or to allow you to store luggage whilst on a tour). If you have heavy luggage like I had, you will literally kill yourself to get it to the second floor if you have a room there. Accordingly, if you are booking in here and have heavy luggage, insist on a ground floor room. My tip if you are in Portland? Look for heavily discounted luxury hotels and try and grab a bargain with more facilities. This was discounted from memory, but the discount was what it was actually worth and probably less. Pretty average, no elevator, no help.

Room tip: Make sure you get a room on the ground floor if you have heavy luggage!!!!!
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2017

This was a 1 star hotel, folks. No hair dryer or microwave, and the sml. refrigerator would only be cool at best.
Good thing is walking distance from Convention center/Rose Garden, and staff was super nice.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

Was looking for a 1 night stay because I came to a basketball game. This hotel was perfect for that. Nothing fancy at all. Just a 5 minute walk to Moda Center and didn't have to pay for parking. Beds are comfortable (full not queen). Comcast and WiFi included. Free coffee in the morning. No bells and whistles here but perfect for someone who just needs a place to sleep. **NOTE: This is no longer called Econo Lodge. It is now Roadway Inn.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank alexgarcia6
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

Parked here for the blazer game as I was told they have nightly patrol and a lit parking lot and right across from the game. Patrol decided to call it an early night and that's when multiple cars (including mine) got broken into. I guess even when you pay to park you're supposed to somehow keep full watch of what's going on around and to your car as well. Next time I'll just take an uber and not coming back here.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Stephanie E
Reviewed 20 July 2016

I ended up at this hotel because the Hilton AND Embassy Suites botched my reservation for the Embassy Suites downtown. I was able to get a room here quickly - which was nice. The price was half that of the downtown hotels - but it was a major dive. The motels like this in Portland are not as bad as the ones in the South - but you have to pay like twice as much to stay (as opposed to similar motels in the South) and I am certain that is not worth it. The crowd there seemed to be pretty mild versus what you get at these motels in the South - but I didn't even have a microwave in my room. As a single traveler - I did not feel safe leaving the room at night. So I ordered food in and just stayed put. Not only did the internet not work - the network the desk attendant kept telling me to find did not exist. It straight up did not exist. So I was stuck in the motel with no way to access Wifi to work. She told me tart my laptop blah blah. I ended up doing hours of work from my iPhone. With no microwave. As the title states - I did not die. But it could've been better. If all you need is a place to sleep this is your best bet. But don't come and think this is going to be a relaxing experience. Some carpet cleaning truck showed up the second day I was there and parked right outside my door. It was so loud I couldn't concentrate. It is also right on the highway so you hear the buses and other public transportation coming and going. The owners are nice. I'll give them that.

Room tip: Get an upstairs room. I heard people upstairs walking a good bit. Also probably safer if you're alone.
Date of stay: July 2016