Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
weareOregonians
Eugene, Oregon

No light in Bathroom?

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Jul 2017
This was a 1 star hotel, folks. No hair dryer or microwave, and the sml. refrigerator would only be cool at best.
Good thing is walking distance from Convention center/Rose Garden, and staff was super nice.
Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
7.8 km from Econo Lodge Convention Center
    HK$1,209
1.7 km from Econo Lodge Convention Center
Fitness centre
Earn rewards on eligible stays
    HK$800
  • Expedia
10.7 km from Econo Lodge Convention Center
Free parking
View more hotels in Portland
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

Was looking for a 1 night stay because I came to a basketball game. This hotel was perfect for that. Nothing fancy at all. Just a 5 minute walk to Moda Center and didn't have to pay for parking. Beds are comfortable (full not queen). Comcast and WiFi included. Free coffee in the morning. No bells and whistles here but perfect for someone who just needs a place to sleep. **NOTE: This is no longer called Econo Lodge. It is now Roadway Inn.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank alexgarcia6
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

Parked here for the blazer game as I was told they have nightly patrol and a lit parking lot and right across from the game. Patrol decided to call it an early night and that's when multiple cars (including mine) got broken into. I guess even when you pay to park you're supposed to somehow keep full watch of what's going on around and to your car as well. Next time I'll just take an uber and not coming back here.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Stephanie E
Reviewed 20 July 2016

I ended up at this hotel because the Hilton AND Embassy Suites botched my reservation for the Embassy Suites downtown. I was able to get a room here quickly - which was nice. The price was half that of the downtown hotels - but it was a major dive. The motels like this in Portland are not as bad as the ones in the South - but you have to pay like twice as much to stay (as opposed to similar motels in the South) and I am certain that is not worth it. The crowd there seemed to be pretty mild versus what you get at these motels in the South - but I didn't even have a microwave in my room. As a single traveler - I did not feel safe leaving the room at night. So I ordered food in and just stayed put. Not only did the internet not work - the network the desk attendant kept telling me to find did not exist. It straight up did not exist. So I was stuck in the motel with no way to access Wifi to work. She told me tart my laptop blah blah. I ended up doing hours of work from my iPhone. With no microwave. As the title states - I did not die. But it could've been better. If all you need is a place to sleep this is your best bet. But don't come and think this is going to be a relaxing experience. Some carpet cleaning truck showed up the second day I was there and parked right outside my door. It was so loud I couldn't concentrate. It is also right on the highway so you hear the buses and other public transportation coming and going. The owners are nice. I'll give them that.

Room tip: Get an upstairs room. I heard people upstairs walking a good bit. Also probably safer if you're alone.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank GypsySoulSC
Reviewed 14 July 2016

If you are looking for a bed to sleep only and do not want to spend time in your room at a fair price it is the place to go.
However, the room smelt old and was more than basic with a very poor soundproof.
AC was not reliable but the internet was fast and parking free.
The room are just too old and poorly maintained to look clean but I believe that the housekeeper did a good job.
At the end of the day if you are traveling on budget you can consider this Hotel overwise consider other options.
The bed was very comfortable.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2016

Plus side is this hotel is located within walking distance (about 3 blocks) from the Oregon Convention Center, and the basketball arena. There is a streetcar line half a block that will get you there or along the main downtown loop, as well.

But the location isn't someplace I'd be comfortable after dark. It's also rather noisy. But our room was clean, Wifi was decent, there was a fridge, too. If needs required, I'd stay there again, but only after checking for someplace else first.

Room tip: plan on using earplugs
Date of stay: May 2016