Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Laura C
Newport Beach, California

Average Motel 6 with some problems!!

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Jul 2017via mobile
Sadly we had a shower that's drain is the slowest thing in the world to drain all the water out. Nice location and we had no noise at night. Sometimes the adapter in the wall plug would fall out because it fell out of the plug. We've never had the problem with any other wall plug. About 5-6 miles to downtown and close to Division Street with lots of restaurants there. Great place just needs to fix shower drain and wall plugs. Luckily wifi is free but doesn't work so great we only had two bars in our room. So nice place to sleep but go other places during the day.
Date of stay: July 2017
    HK$685
    HK$890
9.3 km from Motel 6 Portland Mall
View more hotels in Portland
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Well, I am the assistant manager of a motel on the Oregon Coast and this was my first weekend off in 6 years. I was in Portland for a convention and because it was a weekend in June I was never going to be able to get it off. I pulled some strings and did some begging and finally worked out a deal that I would work both days from my laptop after the convention was over for the day. I called ahead and verified with the front desk lady that they had a good wifi signal so I could work. I had reserved my room in advance. I arrived on Friday and the lady at the front desk was fairly nice. I paid for the weekend and went to my room. The layout of the room was cool and the AC was amazing!!!! That weekend in Portland, it got up to 103 degrees so THANK GOD the AC worked. My bed spread had cigarette burns and the bath tub had cigarette burns along the entire side of the tub. The towels were rough, stained, smelled, and you could not pay me to use them. I dropped off my luggage and drove to Fred Meyers and bought some new bath towels for myself. That first night the wifi was in and out and I had issues keeping a signal. Next day I came back to the room after the convention to find there was NO internet ANYWHERE on the property. I called down to the front desk and asked about it and the guy that answered very casually said "we are aware of the outage and I am working on it". 2 hours later I went down to the lobby and the same guy says "2 of our access points are down and I cannot fix them because they are located in rooms that are occupied". Are you kidding me? I told him that I was there for a convention and that this was my first weekend off from work in 6 years and that I had called ahead to make sure the wifi was solid so I could work from my laptop. I told him it was very important that I have wifi. He really did not care or show any concern at all. I asked him:"If I leave now and go to a different motel, can I get a refund for the night"? Of course his answer was "NOPE". I guess that its my fault for booking with Motel 6. But I did not want to pay $200 a night for a few hours in the room when sleeping and working. I've been to a few motel 6 motels in my life and never had an experience like this. I plan on making more trips to Portland for conventions and business meetings but I will never book with Motel 6 again. PS: the mini-fridge in my room did not work either.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank DamonThor
Reviewed 27 June 2017

If I start with the good - the only thing would be that the room we stayed in had the new flooring (the vinyl type).

As for the bad, the level cleanliness was extremely low: parts of the sink were laying on the counter, one of the towels was previously used, hair in the bathtub, and a big sticky spill stain on the table.

Even through the room is supposed to be non-smoking, the previous guests obviously didn't care or could figure out what that little sign means because the room smelled like smoke and I had to try to air it out.

In front of my friend room, somebody had obviously vomited, but the marijuana smell wafting down the corridor did mask it a little bit!

Anyway, no need to go on, other than to say that if you like paying $79 for a place like this, then you're in luck, otherwise, stay away.

Room tip: Choose another hotel.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Portland Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Dear KS080, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We do accommodate our smoking guests with assigned smoking rooms and are sorry you experienced dissatisfaction with the concerns you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

My cousin and I stayed here. We are pretty sure they didn't change the sheets on the beds........ Obviously the microwave wasn't...... The place was a popular gathering area for the local crackheads, tweakers and whoever else that might slither onto the premises....... All I can say is do yourself a favor and GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.....

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Mukesh P, Owner at Motel 6 Portland Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. Your feedback is very important to us.

We strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

The Guest Experience Team

Reviewed 17 February 2017

My family and I got stuck in Portland due to flight problems, I have never booked with motel 6 before, but we were near the end of our travels and low on cash, so this was the only thing for about $100 for the night, so we thought ok lets do it. I booked from my phone, arrived at the hotel and it looked super sketchy, people were drinking outside in the parking lot, and pretty sure some drug deals were going on the floor above us with the amount of traffic in and out of their room. We decided after about an hour or so, that this was not a safe environment to have our child, so we went to the front desk to ask for at the very least a partial refund, the guy at the counter explained that he couldn't do that, I also wrote the company an email after we arrived home. Lets just say my first experience with motel 6, is my last. the rooms don't seem very clean either, I'm not a picky person, you can see my other reviews, but this place was terrible I left because I just didn't feel safe!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank DetourRoatan
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Portland Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

I've been staying here for a couple weeks due to not having a place to live at the moment, the staff during the day is awesome always helpful but the young boys who work the late night early morning hours just seem lazy and don't care very much. My room seems newly remodeled and was very clean, it's big and roomy I'm glad I got an upstairs room because the rooms downstairs looked dirty and TINY and outdated but it seems they are remodeling all the rooms. Cleaning staff is friendly but they bang on my door every morning and I have to crawl out of bed and tell them I don't want cleaning I'm sleeping I wish they could come a little later for people who are extending their stay. Also one of the days I didn't hear her knocking and she actually walked into my room! Don't they have something to tell them I am extending my stay? Also I work nights and go to sleep early in the morning I was super irritated when I tried to pay for my room at 6:30 am because I wanted to sleep and didn't want to have to wake up and go back downstairs at 11 before the checkout time to have to pay for the room for that night and the guy working told me I had to come back down in an hour and pay so that was really inconvenient . One morning I had a strange guy with his face covered with a bandana and his hood up knocking on my door was kind of scary. Overall good experience, clean room, felt mostly safe, good staff during the day time . I wish they gave more towels im constantly having to ask for clean ones .

Date of stay: December 2016