Elizabeth Oceanfront Suites
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
The Whaler(Newport)
1,200 results
All reviewssalmon chowdercookiespilot lightprivate balconynye beachgas fireplaceoregon coastcovered parkingeach eveningceiling fangreat viewkeurig coffee makerocean viewbreakfast roomyogurtnice roombiscuits and gravy
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Don't plan a special occasion here. Last August (2017) I took my mom here for her 90th birthday. Called & made reservations 3 months in advance. I asked for a room on the top floor because I wanted the best view we could get. We got the 1st floor overlooking the pool house. I asked if we could be moved to the top floor & was told they are all reserved. I was told there would be a bottle of sparkling cider & a card waiting in the room for my moms 90th birthday, NOTHING. So after getting settled I went back to the front desk & I asked why there was no cider in the room for her & why we were not booked on the top floor. They said there were no notes at all on our reservations for a special occasion. (I had even called a couple weeks before we went there to make sure everything was in order & was told it was).
Then to top things off at 2 am our smoke detector went off, (battery was bad). Called the front desk & they said it would be a couple hours before maintenance could get there. They called back 5 minutes later & said they would move us to another room. At 2 am?? My mom is 90 & walks with a cane. No, we are not changing rooms. How about we just take the battery out. Yes, you can if you know how. Really, it's not rocket science. done. (they did not change the battery our whole stay).
The day before we left I told the head housekeeper about our ordeal from the start. (she asked how things were & boy did the poor gal get an earful). She said she talked to the manager & we would be compensated when we checked out. Nothing, again no notes on our room for compensation. After getting home I emailed the manager twice about what happened. No response.
I was extremely disappointed that the manager would not reply to my emails or call me. She was even suppose to come talk to us before we left but she didn't do that either. So, we will NEVER book a room there again.
I wanted my moms birthday to be special & it was anything but special.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Elizabeth Oceanfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Please allow us to begin by apologizing wholeheartedly for falling short of meeting your expectations. We understand how important it was to you to make your mother's birthday a special occasion. We wish her all the best and regret that it wasn't properly acknowledged during your stay. We'll work with our front desk team to ensure that guest notes are properly documented when reservations are made and will also make sure the smoke alarm is taken care of in the room. While we appreciate our head housekeeper attempting to address the situation, it appears that this was unsuccessful. Please contact us should you have any unresolved concerns. It's disheartening to learn that this has discouraged you from returning. We hope your travels were otherwise pleasant. Thank you for reaching out to us. We hope you'll consider allowing us an opportunity to make this up to you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wow what a amazing Hotel! Well first of I must say that the beautiful drive to this Hotel was amazing! I frequent come to the coast for business and leisure. I am a choice diamond member and I had heard about this Hotel. My expectations were very high coming in. I reserved a suite expecting the best. From the moment that I got here I have been blown away! Excellent customer service! Beautiful Oceanfront rooms! The beds are very comfortable and clean. I have a fire place in my room. I would recommend staying on the 4th floor! Tell them you want Cedric room! The have fresh baked cookies in the evening and clam chowder to eat as well everyday. Breakfast is on the 3rd floor from 630am to 10am. They also have a pool. There are tons of places to eat around here. You can order pizza from your room as well. I highly recommend this Hotel!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Dear Cedric,
Thank you again for your incredible feedback. It means so much to us to know that we could meet and exceed your expectations for quality here at Elizabeth Oceanfront Suites. Your outstanding and thoughtful comments brighten our day, particularly coming from a guest with such a wealth of experience. We're happy to hear that you took in so much of what there is to love about a visit with us and we can't wait to impress you again on your next stay!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Took some time to book a hotel after deciding to go to Newport this spring & found this property online. We had never been here before.
While there were a couple of negative reviews even those spoke of what a great location & view there was at this hotel so we decided to go with it.
We were not disappointed. The view was spectacular, even from the parking lot. From our balcony in our room we could see almost 5 miles of coast, from the harbor inlet to the lighthouse.
Our request was for the top floor & David made this happen. I also asked for help to find a Day Spa for my wife to get her nails done & this was provided. The recommendation for Earthbound was good & they looked after my wife really well.
The rooms were very good, the smoked salmon chowder in the lobby every evening was both excellent & a pleasant surprise.
The next time we go to Newport it will not be hard to figure out where to stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rick D

Dear Rick,
What a wonderful review! It is fabulous to hear that our unforgettable views and location were such a highlight of your visit. Here at Elizabeth Oceanfront Suites, we make escaping from the everyday easy! We're thrilled that our rooms, service, and other amenities like our chowder were worthy of recognition as well. Come back soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very friendly, beautiful hotel with a great reception and service oriented staff. Highly recommend for those reasons and the incredible ocean view. Thanks to Trip Advisor we found exactly what we were looking for, a gorgeous place on the water that was very reasonably priced!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cpaduano
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Elizabeth Oceanfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

It was our pleasure to provide you a cozy room with a gorgeous ocean view at an affordable rate. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay, and we thank you for the recommendation. Please come see us again at Elizabeth Oceanfront Suites the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice views - dated building with some nice recent touch ups. They offer free breakfast with some options for folks with dietary restrictions. The view is really the best part, since it overlooks the beach in Newport.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Happy_Camper_OR

The beach views are gorgeous and we're thrilled they helped make your visit special. It's lovely to hear that our variety of breakfast options suited your tastes and that you enjoyed your overall stay. Please come see us again the next time you're in town.