Hotels.com
Official Hotel
Expedia
All reviews bedroom unit indoor and outdoor pools third floor views are breathtaking oregon coast front desk staff definitely stay here again sea hag units amenities whales ocean
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 February 2021 via mobile

I’m writing a review because this is the 3rd time this has happened to me checking in while staying at this resort. We were told our unit would be ready between 3-4pm. Check in time is 4pm. They make you check out an hour early at 10am as it is because of Covid so they can clean which I understand, but to not have your room available when you check in is unacceptable. Especially when I was told on the phone when I called to confirm that they weren’t doing the staggered check in on the day I was arriving, because there wasn’t that many people checking in on that day. So why didn’t they have the room ready at 4pm on 2/3/21 if there’s hardly no one to check in? Who knows. I was told the unit won’t be ready for 35 to 45 min. Well that time came and went, so I called. The lady was rude and totally ignored me when I voiced my concern about this. Didn’t offer any solutions to this issue at all. Just said the unit won’t be ready until 5pm now. So continuing to sit in the parking lot with groceries in the car getting warm. This is ridiculous. You’d think the amount of dues we pay would pay for enough people to have your room ready when you check in. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Mary Wallschlaeger/Kristie Murray/Eric Murray

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Wyndham Destinations, Owner at WorldMark Depoe Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2021

We're disappointed to hear that this was your experience, and appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We want to get you in touch with our Owner Care team to assist you further. Please reach out to us at 855-670-0758 (option 1) and an agent will be happy to help. We are continuously looking for ways to improve, and will make sure to pass along your comments and concerns to the proper team.

Reviewed 8 December 2020

My husband gets one week of vacation a year. So this year we booked at Depoe Bay through my mother in law. We arrived, the check in process was easy. Everything was fine until the 3rd day out of 8 we noticed ants next to the couch. An endless supply of them. Two days later while getting a bowl out of the cabinet there was a huge roach crawling on the plates! Called that into the office...nothing! Day before we left woke up to the people upstairs kids constantly running bumping all day. Called that in... nothing because it wasn't quiet hours! I had three kids with me and none of them ran around so long and loud. I was very disappointed! The staff aside of the man I talked to the night we checked out because we couldn't take it anymore. This was very disappointing and I couldn't make a complaint because I'm not a member of Worldmark!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

We're troubled to hear that this was your experience. We want to get you in touch with our Owner Care team to assist you further. Please reach out to us at 855-670-0758 (option 1) and an agent will be happy to help. We are continuously looking for ways to improve, and will make sure to pass along your comments and concerns to the proper team.

Reviewed 6 March 2020

All rooms have a great view. There are whales from about June through December, but it is a nice place to vacation. There are two pools and a jacuzzi to go to. I enjoyed the clam chowder at the Sea Hag and the Mexican place on the next block across the bridge.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 13 February 2020

Wow! Every room here has an ocean view and so close that the ocean is pounding at your doorstep! Rooms are clean and attractive and bed was very comfortable. Amenities in room were good and stocked with all your needs. Will definitely stay here again!

Room tip: All rooms are ocean view and the surf is pounding right outside your door and what a lovely view of the ocean!
Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 7 February 2020

We have stayed for several days over the same Superbowl weekend the last two years. Although the weather is variable, it is always a very enjoyable time. We have taken three different couples, and they are always delighted with the units and the views. This time we were in a different floor plan than last time, with no outside window in the master. However, this leaves all of the ocean view windows available to the living/dining area, which is nice. As always, the unit was very clean and well supplied, and the staff were friendly and helpful. We were on the third floor, but with elevators, we had great views and easy access.
My only disappointment was with the three calls we had from sales people, the delay in getting parking passes, and the harassment from Wyndham sales staff, which we have had to deal with at every visit since they became involved. We have been Worldmark owners for over 20 years, and now are frustrated with the increasing maintenance fees and we are embarrassed for our guests with the sales pressure. We prefer to be welcomed as owners as we were prior to Wyndham. If there are updates for owners, don't take their vacation hours to communicate with them. Use email or mail the information to them.

Date of stay: February 2020
WYNDestinations, Wyndham Destinations at WorldMark Depoe Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2020

We greatly appreciate your ownership, and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Although we're so happy to hear that a stay at WorldMark Depoe Bay has become a tradition for you, we're disappointed to hear that your most recent vacation did not meet your expectations. We're troubled to hear that you had a negative experience with our sales staff during your stay, as this is not the kind of vacation experience that we strive to provide for our owners. Your feedback is very valuable to us, and will be passed along to Resort Management to be looked into further.