See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Great property. The room was comfortable, very clean, quiet, and nice amenities like a Keurig with an assortment of coffees/teas and bottled water. For an older property, the room shows updating. Great location a bit off the beaten path makes the place a hidden gem and grants a quiet respite for a fabulous price.

And if all of this weren't enough, the owners had the foresight to hire the most wonderfully hand-working, customer-oriented, and delightful "MEL" to manage the property. Her detail to customer-satisfaction is a textbook case of good management. She went above and beyond to make sure my stay was without hitch. Don't hesitate to book this property.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank sliceol
Reviewed 16 September 2017

First time staying last week. This was a late booking, and I needed something that was inexpensive, in the Norman area and for one night. This is an older motel, mainly long stay but with one block that is regular hotel guests, and that might put you off. Don't, this is one of the best value places I have stayed in the area, and that includes the Norman to Oklahoma City corridor. I was arriving late and in the afternoon I got a call from the front desk, confirming my stay and arrival time. I called them 30 minutes out on a night porter number as I was running a little late. The room was extremely clean, spotless in fact, the bed very comfortable, and there was a mini Keurig coffee maker. The room was very quiet despite being fairly close to the interstate. The hotel staff were extremely helpful, and I even got a personal thank you email. I would definitely recommend it. Not fancy, but neither is it plain, and there were little details in the room that showed the owners actually cared about the hotel and wanted to give it some character and personality.

Room Tip: I had a room the same side as reception and it overlooked the carpark and a residential area, older residential area but still ok
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Thunderbird Lodge is an excellent place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone! The rooms were clean and comfy. I felt safe the entire time during my stay. It's conveniently located close to University of Oklahoma and 20 minutes from Oklahoma City. The price was affordable and they are flexible with arrivals if you call ahead. The landscaping was outstanding.The staff and guest service was outstanding as well. It was a pleasure getting to know everyone working there during my 3 day stay. Mel was incredibly kind, helpful, and knowledgeable. It was always fantastic talking with her when I left for the day and when I came back. I also got to relax on the patio and talk with Jada (I'm sorry if I am mispelling it :/ ) and Martin while we watched some 4th of July Fireworks. It was a highlight of my trip getting to know them and staying at the Thunderbird Lodge and I think you'll enjoy it too!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here multiple times since 2008 and have never had a negative experience as a single person, with my spouse, and with children. The staff is always polite, accommodating to my requests, and helpful. The Thunderbird Lodge is clean and quiet, and affordable. I have also stayed in several hotels in the Norman area and the Thunderbird Lodge is cleaner than most places I have stayed at. I would highly recommend them!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2016

I have to admit that I had reservations (pardon the pun) about Thunderbird. Having lived near Norman, OK for over half of my life, I know it's been here a while. I didn't have great expectations of this older lodge, but simply needed an extended stay location in close proximity to my home while renovations were ongoing. Thunderbird's weekly rates were comparable to some other, newer facilities a bit further away, but I decided the shorter drive after a long day of working on the home would be the way to go.
Upon checking in I found the staff to be extremely helpful, kind, and compassionate. My wife and I are fairly low maintenance, but like our privacy. We felt totally at home and relaxed during our 5 week stay.
Renovations are ongoing throughout the Thunderbird complex, but we hardly ever noticed and were never burdened by it at all. The staff went out of their way to ensure that.
Overall, maybe not the newest, most modern place, but somewhere I would certainly stay again and gladly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family