All reviews typical courtyard marriott courtyard fire pit front desk courtyard area bedroom suite light sleeper ou campus walking distance night shift recent stay saltgrass steakhouse lots of parking nice hotel sooner mall coffee pot stayed here for two nights
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Flew down to Norman for Homecoming this year. The Marriott Courtyard is an excellent hotel for a game day visit. Rooms are spacious and clean. The Bistro on the main floor provides quick breakfasts and evening snacks. Hotel is close to I-35, as well as the Sooner Mall, Walmart and numerous restaurants. We upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite, which was worth the extra expense, as it provided a separate living room, which can accommodate extra guests, if required. The staff at the front desk and Bistro were extremely helpful and friendly. Well Recommend!

Room tip: Larger 1 bedrooms are spacious and quiet
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2017

We booked two rooms on March 5, 2017 for November 10 thru 12. They let us know 7 months later that they had overbooked by 60 rooms!!!! Seriously, it took 7 months to figure this out?! On top of that, it was quite clear that we got bumped because we didn’t have a rewards number. Well, I booked the rooms and did not have my husbands executive number but figured we would add it when we check in. But, enough of how poor the management is, let me tell you about the hotel itself. First if there is more than one person know that the only mirror is in the bathroom. There are two mirrors, but both in bathroom. Also, we stayed there two weekends ago, because I had booked rooms at the same time as other dates, and we had a stopped up sink which we told front desk, nothing done. The next day I saw a handyman and asked him myself to fix which he did. Also, housekeeping never came and when we requested at least clean towels, those never came. Needless to say, we wouldn’t stay at the Norman Marriott if they paid us! Awful just awful management.

Room tip: Stay away from this hotel
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I am pretty picky on hotel rooms and this passed all of the tests for me! Great service, comfortable beds/pillows and nice rooms! Cold fridge, clean tub and bathroom. Starbucks in the lobby. I will be back here.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Great front desk, extremely comfortable rooms, many amenities, close to interstate, close to good/great restaurants, close to the college, lots of parking, and it does have style at reasonable prices. We will be staying here when we come to Norman to take our OU grandson to dinner!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dkennedy1949
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Typically, the Courtyard brand is nicely done, but the room we had was exceptionally nice for a Courtyard. Actually some nice architectural ceiling and wall details, instead of just a rectangular room. Courtyards need bigger refrigerators in their rooms, I think. Beds are pretty comfortable and public areas are nice. If the rate is just a few dollars more, I'd opt for the Courtyard brand. But remember, no free breakfast but they have a nice bar and food service area. Plus, Chuys Mexican restaurant is right across the parking lot. You can stumble to your bed!!

Date of stay: August 2017