“Horrible service!”

Northfield Inn Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 45 Restaurants in Northfield
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Our waitress walked away mid- sentence after she asked a question. We were a table of two and she had another table of 10, but they were finishing up when we arrived. My husband ordered the Fruti de Mar with a white sauce and it arrived with garlic and butter. When we questioned the waitress she said that was the white sauce. White sauce is Alfredo as stated in their menu. There was another shrimp dish in the menu that clearly stated garlic and butter, like a scampi. My wine sat in the bar for over 10 minutes. My first time there and I am NOT going back - nor will I recommend it. Spenatos is the best Italian restaurant in that area!!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Date night with hubby and decided to give this place a chance sine we're local. I'm not sure how this place has managed to stay in business for as long as it has. Old house that has been turned into a "restaurant" and bar. Decor is so outdated that you feel like you're visiting grandma's house from the 1960's, it even smelled like musky mothballs. Service was slow, which was shocking, because there was nobody else in the small dining area. The bar area had several older people, drinking and carrying on. I could only assume that it was the owner and his friends who hang out to drink for free. The food was extremely overpriced ($19 for chicken piccata) and their pizza is only one size the was burnt on the outside and almost raw on the inside. Frozen pizza would have tasted better! Anyway, we spent over an hour here (mostly waiting for service) and about $30 and left very dissatisfied. Save your time and money, skip this "restaurant" and get better food/service a few shops down at Spennatos for real italian food!

Date of visit: May 2017
3  Thank Melissa D
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Visited here because the reviews seemed good. Figured we'd give it a try. For an Italian restaurant the only good thing about it was the warm fresh bread they gave you at the table. Salad was chopped up iceberg and one cherry tomato cut in half. Meatball sub came on a hamburger, the fettuccini had no flavor and the cheese ravioli tasted like it was right out of the freezer. The service was slow and we waited a while after asking for our check. Not sure if I'd give this place another chance.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 26 October 2017

My wife and I have eaten at Northfield Inn numerous times and have never been disappointed. Primarily Italian dishes ( I love the eggplant dish!) but they also offer other options. Service is always excellent and wait staff is friendly. Pricing is a great value for quality of food. Seating is a little limited when busy, but never had to wait for more than 10 minutes. The warm bread they give you is too die for, and there is always golf on the tv when in season. You could drive by this place 20 times if you don't know where to look, but its located across from Rocksino. We live in Lake County and its worth the drive!! One final note if you are looking for atmosphere this is not their strongpoint but that does not matter to us. Try it !!!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

This place has been around since the ice age but still is a great place to get a good Italian meal. The veal parm is fantastic as well as the chicken picatta. Service is very good. The interior is in need of sprucing up but the owner is trying. The parking had been recently repaved and a new sign installed. Its location across the street from the race track & Rockcasino is very convenient. Keep it up!

Date of visit: August 2017