Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews lazy bear the kitchen fire ring water pressure recommend bringing your own charcoal grill cable tv gravel road pots and pans old mans cave deck stove appliances suv lid knife walmart
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 October 2021 via mobile

Kalli's Luxury Retreat - unfortunately the name doesn't live up to the experience. The cabin's workmanship on the surface was nice. Newer LG appliances (filtered water & ice maker in the fridge was a plus), cool bathroom, cozy oversized chair, great fireplace on rear covered deck and amazing rockers w/cup holders on front and rear porches.
Now upon opening the door, the first thing I said was, "WOW! That's a weird smell." Unfortunately, we were smelling sewer smells the entire time we were there. I contacted the email from the site the first night and they responded the next day. While I was in the bathroom tub (shades open) a gentleman put his ladder on the side of the bathroom window and started climbing up, while someone chatted with my husband at the door. Needless to say I was mortified and embarrassed that we weren't initially made aware that someone was coming until after they had arrived. The person climbing the ladder definitely got an eye full.....Anyway, they said the vent pipes weren't removed once the cabins construction was done and the traps may have gotten dry. We heard them sawing something & then they left soon after. We ran water, as instructed after they cut the tops off the pipes and were advised Joey would be back with a top to cover another pipe on the roof. The smell initially got a little better, but within a couple hours it was back full force. We again contacted Rob again, who sent Joey back out to address the issue. This time, he put bleach down the drains, gave a can of fabreeze, a pumpkin candle and 2 renuzit toilet scents. Now, we had been burning candles in all the rooms from the moment we arrived and kept the front & rear doors open to try and air out the smell. NONE of that helped. It even began to stink outside, so no handing out on the front or rear porch unless we needed cell signal. So although the thought was nice, 1 single wick candle, 1 can of fabreeze and some toilet scents were NOT going to cut it. The smell was not as strong after the bleach, but never did go away. In fact, when we ran the dishwasher before leaving, the smell returned full force throughout the cabin, especially in the bathroom and rear porch area. THE SMELL ALONE RUINED OUR ATTEMPTED ROMANTIC GETAWAY. While I appreciate them trying to solve this issue, there wasn't any follow-up to confirm resolution. I had to keep updating Rob. At least Rob did say he was "sorry it's doing what it's doing" regarding the odor.

Honestly, I cannot begin to explain to you how utterly disgusting it is to constantly smell sewage inside and in the immediate surrounding exterior of one's "luxury retreat." Not once in the decade plus of coming to HH have we EVER had this happen......we've stayed with MANY companies, but this is a first.

Lastly a few things could have been done better. When we arrived, it would have been nice if the front and rear covered decks were swept. There was a lot of dead bugs, leaves & bottle caps from alcohol (ppl before us) laying around on the decks. I swept that up myself, not a deal breaker. There were excessive dead bugs on the living room floor - I also swept up, not a deal breaker we're in the woods. The issue is that it made me question how clean the cabin actually was. Therefore, I took it upon myself to clean the cabin with the products I'd brought to be sure.
The hot tub, while up to temp at 102 degrees had brownish grey water and looked filthy. VERY UNINVITING, especially when the pool chemicals were neatly portioned out and could have been dumped into the tub when it was prepped for the next guest. I get that the water may be discolored from minerals, but this was just a dirty hot tub. I make that assumption as when we took off the lid, there wasn't even the faintest hint of chemicals from the water (which one can usually smell when they've been added) upon removal of the lid.

Overall, we wanted to love this cabin, but didn't. The constant, horrendous sewer smell was a deal breaker and for the cost, I NEVER EVER expected to have an unresolved odor issue continue

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2021 via mobile

Actually wasn't able to stay, had to cancel within 24 hours of making the reservation deposit...
Made the deposit to hold a huge cabin which is understandable.

The deposit was withdrawn within 48 hours of choosing it.

Must be a large corporation that has lost their personal touch. It has been over 30 days and I have contacted them several times and have still not received my refund. The deposit was over $2000.00. Thought I had twenty days to cancel and/or make changes. They withdrew the deposit within 48 hrs. of providing my payment information.

Policies obviously are not clearly understood.

It’s still not clear to me how they have concluded it will cost me $100. for canceling in such a short time of making the deposit. Like I cancelled and they still withdrew the money…Wow!

be Careful if you are not 100% sure on choice of cabin or dates with a large party because Serenity Cabins doesn’t negotiate refund fees or penalties, at all!

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2021

We had a great stay. 100% will stay again. The place was clean and tidy when we got there and the hot tub was warmed up and ready to use. I read some reviews that there wasn't enough cookware/utensils/dishes, so we brought our own, but there were plenty. Lots of pots and pans, whole set of dishes and bowls, and plenty of utensils and cooking tools. The fridge and freezer were at appropriate temps too. There is A/C, which kept the cabin nice and cool. The surrounding grounds and deck are absolutely beautiful. You can't see any neighbors, but can hear them if they get too rowdy. Just two minutes to the falls/Old Mans Cave area and 10-15min to Cantwell cliffs, Logan, and the lake. There is a small general store close that has basic items, some food, and fresh ice cream.

The only problems we had were the mattress was terrible - super hard, and the burners on the left side of the stove didn't work. Also, not really a problem for us, but just be aware that the drive and small private road to get to the cabin are narrow, steep, and twisty gravel drives. We also brought our own water for drinking, but the cabin uses well water, which we didn't have a problem with for showers and cleaning. There is no cable tv or wifi and very poor (if at all) cell connection, but you're surrounded by natures beauty and that was kind of the point of the trip, so not a complaint, just a heads up for those of you who NEED those amenities.

We hope to stay here or in one of the other cabins again soon.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 31 May 2021

The cabin we stayed at was nice but the location was absolutely horrid. No warning that it was located on a very steep hill with only one gravel lane and no rail guards to keep your vehicle from going in the ditch. Two cabins were located in the same area. Thankfully the other cabin's occupants weren't leaving or returning at the same time as us. I can't imagine trying to back down or back up that hill. What a nightmare! Also it is located right beside a noisy highway. So enjoying the deck wasn't that pleasant. You couldn't hear the birds over the noisy traffic. If we had not been running the AC we would have heard noisy traffic all night long.

The cabin itself had basic necessities but I would recommend bringing your own pots and pans if you are cooking. What was offered was old and scratched up. The bed had a pillow top mattress pad which ended up making my husband uncomfortable by the end of our stay as it made the bed too soft and hurt his back. Thankfully we brought our own pillows as what was offered was lumpy and flat.

The cabin itself was nice. It's a fairly new cabin and never saw any critters. There's a tv if you bring our own DVD's which we did. Also a fire ring and two metal chairs to sit on. Would have been helpful if he had put more hooks in the bathroom area to hang towels.

We booked for 4 nights and decided later to ask if we could book for another night which was still available. The owner gave us a discount but then got rude with me via e-mail simply because I was trying to clarify the cost he quoted me at (over charged me then fixed it). There was no need to be rude like that if you want business.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 10 February 2021

Would not recommend.... uncomfortable beds (they have plywood between mattress and box springs in both rooms), you cannot take temperature above 68, (it was in the 20’s outside), living room furniture is old, dirty, holes, and uncomfortable, water has a sewer smell, mouse feces in kitchen cabinets. Hot tub was nice.

Date of stay: February 2021