All reviews top floor cider bar spa room la pomme room service free parking nice restaurant great central location business trip king bed good size place to stay bathroom door lovely room stayed one night off street parking comfortable stay
Reviewed 29 June 2018

My partner & I stayed one night in a king studio room. It was nice & cozy. I would have loved to be able to open the window although that didn't worry me too much. The decor was lovely as well. We dined in the restaurant as well which every thing drinks, food, staff & atmosphere was absolutely incredible. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is within easy walking distance from the town centre, there is free WiFi and parking, restaurant was OK for breakfast, a friend had a nice meal there but we did not. Our room was on the ground floor as my wife uses a mobility scooter room was clean and had everything we wanted but was a bit noisy on Friday night and the window looked out over the car park and at the lift so had to keep the blinds down.
Am happy to recommend the hotel for short stays. Would be very suitable for those travelling on the Spirit of Tasmania.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 28 June 2018

First room I got into - the TV didn't work, so I relocated to another room - at least the TV worked in the second room, but the place is getting tatty - I stay there a lot for business and next time I will reconsider & hopefully Devonport has some better accommodation to offer

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelManagerQHG, Manager at Quality Hotel Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Reviewer,

Reviewed 28 June 2018

On the first morning of my stay I requested breakfast between 6.45 and 7.00 as I had to be on the road by 7.30. As breakfast hadn't turned up by 7.10 I rang reception and was told it would be followed up. Breakfast turned up at 7.25 and the lady who bought it up was very apologetic but couldn't give a reason for the lateness. I was travelling with 2 other work colleagues and their breakfast didn't arrive until 7.25 either.
After returning to my room at 6.45pm on the same day I discovered my door wasn't closed properly (I didn't require my card to access the room). I informed reception who told me that the doors are heavy and you need to pull them hard to close - I said it was closed when I left and that housekeeping had been in after I had left, the receptionist said she would make a note but did not apologise or ask if anything was missing from my room.
My rating is based purely on these about incidence.
I had room service on the first night of my stay and the food and promptness of delivery was excellent.

Dear Reviewer,
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your late breakfast on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the team to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Devonport.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Always a pleasurable experience. Clean and comfortable rooms on every floor. Staff always pleasant upon check in or departure. Nice open bar area and private dining room for a relaxed stay after a days work.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for taking the time to comment with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.