Sunrise Devonport(Devonport)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Barclay Motor Inn(Devonport)(Great Value!)
Dannebrog Lodge(Devonport)
Hawley House(Devonport)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdeluxe spa roomtop floorroom servicela pommecentral locationfree parkingbusiness tripcar parkingking bednice roomplace to staygood sizewalking distanceexcellent locationstayed one nightcomfortable staydining room
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is within easy walking distance from the town centre, there is free WiFi and parking, restaurant was OK for breakfast, a friend had a nice meal there but we did not. Our room was on the ground floor as my wife uses a mobility scooter room was clean and had everything we wanted but was a bit noisy on Friday night and the window looked out over the car park and at the lift so had to keep the blinds down.
Am happy to recommend the hotel for short stays. Would be very suitable for those travelling on the Spirit of Tasmania.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First room I got into - the TV didn't work, so I relocated to another room - at least the TV worked in the second room, but the place is getting tatty - I stay there a lot for business and next time I will reconsider & hopefully Devonport has some better accommodation to offer

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelManagerQHG, Manager at Quality Hotel Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Reviewer,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

On the first morning of my stay I requested breakfast between 6.45 and 7.00 as I had to be on the road by 7.30. As breakfast hadn't turned up by 7.10 I rang reception and was told it would be followed up. Breakfast turned up at 7.25 and the lady who bought it up was very apologetic but couldn't give a reason for the lateness. I was travelling with 2 other work colleagues and their breakfast didn't arrive until 7.25 either.
After returning to my room at 6.45pm on the same day I discovered my door wasn't closed properly (I didn't require my card to access the room). I informed reception who told me that the doors are heavy and you need to pull them hard to close - I said it was closed when I left and that housekeeping had been in after I had left, the receptionist said she would make a note but did not apologise or ask if anything was missing from my room.
My rating is based purely on these about incidence.
I had room service on the first night of my stay and the food and promptness of delivery was excellent.

Dear Reviewer,
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your late breakfast on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the team to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Devonport.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Always a pleasurable experience. Clean and comfortable rooms on every floor. Staff always pleasant upon check in or departure. Nice open bar area and private dining room for a relaxed stay after a days work.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for taking the time to comment with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lovely hotel with good quality food. Nice clean and spacious room with views over the harbour. Only down side was the bed was very hard. Breakfast had a good choice and was fresh. Staff very polite and helpful

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Reviewer, thank you very much for your kind words, Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.