Cradle Mountain Highlanders Cottages(Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park)
  • Free Internet
Pumphouse Point(Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park)
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village(Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park)
  • Restaurant
Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge(Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park)
  • Restaurant
Discovery Parks - Cradle Mountain(Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park)
Lake St Clair Lodge(Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park)
1,124 results
All reviewsbuffet dinnerwilderness gallerysplit levelking roomnational parkking splitcradle mountainsmall balconya la carte restaurantstandard roomcomfortable chairsspa roomcommon areasbit datedbush landdove lakelounge area
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Arrived yesterday afternoon for a three night stay. What a disappointment this hotel is. No service what so ever, and the rooms are old, run down and the hotel dinning is abysmal. We stayed one night, only because we had no choice. Left first thing the next morning and couldn't wait to get out of there fast enough. We dined in there cafeteria last night and after two hours still did not have our main course. When we asked where it was they said "Oh sorry, we lost your order" there was a couple next to us that had been there even longer than we had and they up and left without getting any food at all. What a total disaster. Whoever owns this hotel should be ashamed at how bad it is. Looks great from the outside and the location is tops, but everything else leaves a hell of a lot to be desired. Rooms are heated by a low cost heater, which barely works.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne M
Todd R, General Manager at Cradle Mountain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear crazyblonde_10

Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your feedback further.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Had the most lovely weekend away. The Hotel had everything we needed. Rooms were simple, The food was nice, Did some amazing walks over the two days. We were luck to get a little snow and see a big fat wombat. It's a great place for a couple or a family to spend a wonderful time. Can't wait to plan our next trip.

Stayed: June 2018

Dear Susan T,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and got to enjoy Cradle Mountain and its wildlife. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I arrived early in off-season, but my room was ready early and I got checked in. I had a lovely cocktail from the bar. The hot tub and steam room were a lovely treat, especially being able to look out over the bush. I booked for dinner and my steak was cooked very well, very generous serve and a lovely vegetable mix (not just carrot and broccoli). On the night I stayed one of the chefs was ill so the kitchen and waitstaff were obviously struggling with a sizeable winter dinner crowd. There was a couple of very rude guests who belittled the waitress and also the manager on duty for being "too young". I understand that waiting an hour for dinner is not the best, but the rude treatment of service staff is very poor form.

Anyway, my bed was comfy and warm, i loved the choice of pillow, my late checkout and staff booking my park entrance fee. Thanks again from Sydney!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear RawsonGal,

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased to read your comments regarding your stay with us. I will certainly look further in to your comments regarding dinner service. I hope you got to enjoy Cradle Mountain during your visit. Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Hubby and I stayed at the Cradle Mountain Hotel over the June long weekend! We stayed in a premium king room which was a split level design! Bathroom, bed and wardrobe in top level and then sitting area in bottom level!
The bed was comfy, the shower and bathroom were good, only thing was lounge area had tub chairs rather than a comfy couch! The room had a heater and we actually found it too hot at night and had to turn it way down for nighttime. On our checkout day work people arrived and we were advised that all the king rooms are getting refurbished, this will make them really good, they are good now but a little dated. A modernization will bring them up to date!
The staff are very friendly and always willing to help or have a chat! Ivo is a real asset, he is very friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble. Only one staff member was a little abrupt and maybe not suited to hospitality, luckily the others made up for his attitude!
The restaurant is good, it has a lovely fireplace to add atmosphere, the food is very good. Loved the buffet!
Can’t wait to see the updates and will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Nicksterstravels

Dear Nicksterstravels,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back once we have copmpleted the refurbish,ments of our King Rooms.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

We stayed there on Monday 11th June for 1 night. At the time of our arrival it was raining and quite cold. The room we had allocated at the hotel was very clean and tidy, but very cold. The heater in our room was not working properly so during the afternoon we had to spend the time in the lounge area to sit near the wood fire to keep warm. The afternoon receptionist provided us with a little fan heater which did very little to remedy the situation. When we checked out the next morning the care factor of the morning receptionist was zero.

Food at the hotel is quite expensive. The buffet was $52.00 per person and the other selections from the menu were in the range of $32.00 - $38.00. No other option was provided for.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Glen W

Dear Glen W,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your room was not warm upon arrival and I will look into this with our team. I hope that you got to see some of Cradle Mountain given the weather.

Kind Regards, Todd Roberts, General Manager