“Evening Carvery”
Review of The Gravy Boat

The Gravy Boat
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great little restaurant with pleasant seating area upstairs with view over the boardwalk. We chose the Carvery and at 9.95 (Pounds) it represented pretty good value from what we can tell. The food quality was good, and service to match. Almost 5/5 but it remains a solid recommendation.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We came here on a Sunday but we had booked as its so popular. The Starters and main that we chose were second to none and very very generous portion sizes. Started off with the Griiled Goats cheese and pear salad which was very refreshing , my husband chose Slow cooked Baby back Ribs which would of done for two people! and my sister chose the Pan Seared Scallops wrapped in Parma Ham drizzled with lemon caper and dill. Mains were a wonderful Rosemary and garlic Lamb Rump, served with gorgeous buttery Dauphinoise potatoes and a great selection of vegetables, the 8 hour slow cooked Brisket was amazing that my sister chose and Hubby went for the Carvery, I cannot give this restaurant enough credit or applause and we will definetly be regular customers. The menu is very extensive and you would be spoilt for choice. What I really like was the way the Chefs worked as the table we had was a good view of the kitchen which was an open plan one and it was so clean and all the Chefs worked well together in a unison with no flapping They worked in perfect harmony. I really would rate this Restaurant 10 out of 10. Couldnt manage a Dessert and we finished the beautiful meal of by a lovely long walk on the Beach front

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely superb carvery. The meats were tender and tasty even the turkey was cooked to perfection. The desserts were also wonderful especially the cheesecake. The staff are very attentive and friendly which meant the whole experience was a quality one. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We popped in for a late lunch with our children in the Easter holidays and was immediately greeted warmly. The choice of dishes was excellent and they catered well for little people. Food was excellent, served quickly and sorted out missing pepperoni on my son's pizza with no problem and apologies. The highlight for me was the absolutely divine Green Thai Cornish mussels, simply one of the best dishes I've had for a long time. Clean plates all round and one very happy family. Only downside is living so far away that we can't go here more often. Well done all

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A wonderful carvery very much enjoyed.Small portions and large available.Staff very nice.If you have any disabilities.When booking asked to be down stairs.Nice choices on menu as well as the carvery.Was very busy best to book.