“Very clean pub safety. Value for money .and good breakfasts for family's ”

The Martlets, Hungry Horse
Ranked #11 of 36 Quick Bites in Bognor Regis
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: DISCOVER GOOD TIMES AT MARTLETS - What’s on the menu? All your family favourites! Whether it’s an All Day Breakfast kind of day, a beer and a Beef Burger kind of day, or you just fancy Fish & Chips for a change... you’ll find there’s plenty to tickle your taste buds on our menu. We like to look after your wallet, too. Whenever you come to The Martlets you can get a great deal, as well as a great meal. There’s a different deal every day of the week
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My self and my partner booked a breakfast on Wednesday 26th May the pub was safe and very clean and covid safety. We met the waitress called Emma at the door she invited us in the pub and she cleared and explain about the covid 19 restictions and how to order the meal at the table .she was very pleasant person very talkative and with a smile .she is there to answer any questions if customers need to know

The breakfast full English breakfast is a good bargain for the price also a good bargain for family's whoe are on a low budget holiday so martlets at bognor regis is the best place to go for all family's and low budget family's..and all the meals are good for the value for the money
We always,have a least one meal aweek there lunch or breakfast .we will be back again .the sevice thay provide and the experience of the waitress is excellent well done Emma

WE WILL BE BACK THERE AGAIN
MIKE .IAN

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (706)

Reviewed 9 April 2021

My partner booked in advance and put on the booking that one of the guests is allergic to milk, tree nuts and peanuts, we believe it is only fair to give advance notice.
Upon arriving we were told about the app and tablet for allergies but unfortunately the app was not functioning correctly, so it was not possible to order this way. I went up to the bar to order my meal I explained that I anaphylaxis and told the gentleman what I was allergic to, he made a note on the till but he also went to the kitchen to make sure that order was acknowledged for allergies. The chef came out to the table and rechecked the order and went through everything with me and explained that he would be using different utensils.
The food was served at by our waiter who came back to check everything was ok and if I was ok, another waitress checked on us and finally a lady from the kitchen came out to check about the vegan ice cream also came out later to check if I was ok.
My anaphylaxis so severe that I must carry 2 EpiPen’s, 2x different antihistamines, steroids, and a Ventolin inhaler with me always.
I thanked the staff and I also asked if the staff in the kitchen would be thanked for me, I explained if there was anything wrong I would know in 2 minutes so all the food was safe. The gentleman and lady at the bar asked questions about my condition which I was very happy to answer because more awareness of conditions like mine is educational to the staff, it also expands their learning curve and their willingness to understand.
I am very aware people get nervous around people like myself because it is a huge responsibility to make sure I am safe while eating there and at the same time it is a risk for me to take the chance on a new establishment. I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff that made sure that my meal was safe and to all staff that made sure during my meal that I was ok, because staff like that helps to keep people like us with allergies safe and he done it with a respectful manner.
Please pass on my gratitude,

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank BFAA-allergies
jeanh0606, General Manager at The Martlets, Hungry Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2021

Wow what a great review ! Thank you very much . We're really please that you enjoyed your visit to The Martlets. Our wonderful team can not wait to open our doors again soon . We hope to see you again.
Kind regards
Kevin GM

Reviewed 22 December 2020 via mobile

Great pub with brilliant staff, menu is burgers /wraps etc huge variety, great value. But best thing about this is the great staff and service. Sam served us last time we visited and nothing was too much trouble. Very attentive and helpful.

Reviewed 21 December 2020 via mobile

What a fab place. Turned up to our breakfast with santa a day late. Completely my fault but not a problem. Deposit transferred and allowed us to use it. Santa even made a special appearance thank you so much for making my daughter's day. Kevin and his team are fantastic.

Reviewed 16 December 2020

The Xmas meal was really good here, so we booked another one. The Xmas menu is really good value. The food was amazing and good size portions. We received really good service and will be returning back.

1  Thank marky96