“Super Fathers Day lunch.”
Review of The White Stone

The White Stone
Ranked #8 of 173 Restaurants in Nuneaton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hayrick
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was keen to visit the Whitestone as I know it is a new venture for the landlords Craig and Andy. We loved their food at The Nook! I booked a family meal for Fathers Day through Facebook and had a very prompt response. I asked for a quiet table and we were seated in the conservatory which was lovely. The staff were very attentive and helped us choose something dairy free for our grandaughter. I love a good gin, and the barman helped me choose a new one to try from the range they stock. It was presented beautifully and had a lovely sprig of fresh mint as as an extra touch. My husband had a Marstons Pedigree which he said was a lovely pint of beer which had clearly been looked after. Our group all ordered Sunday lunches which were all delicious, with homemade gravy to die for! The vegetables were cooked to perfection ( I hate soggy veg with a passion.)
I am keen to leave a review as I can see that this account still has reviews from when the pub was under previous management, but can still see all the great reviews they got at the Nook! After a chat with the staff I found out that they have had a few teething problems. I wish this new venture good luck and I will certainly be going back for more.

1  Thank Tess1002014

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We saw the new owners had taken over, so we decided to have a lunch, but unfortunately the experience was not good given the prices charged
First the drinks - for a pint of lager and a glass of wine was £9.50 !! Ouch!
Next the price of food, most main course over £10
We had a mixture of “bar snacks” the sausage roll was under cooked and the onion rings were soaked in oil, so much so it ran out of the basket when the waitress put it on the table!
For some reason the waitresses were moving tables through the bar while we were drinking- surely this should be done out of hours??
Also the bar layout is awful - we were eating and the bar was empty, yet a family of 7 decided to sit right next to us and make a right racket! Some people have no consideration for others, there were plenty of other places to sit.
Also the website is still the old one and so looking at Facebook and Instagram the information is rubbish
Come on in this day and age having up to date and detailed information online is essential, such as opening times, menu, drinks prices etc..
Safe to say we won’t return!, when there are so many better alternatives locally.

3  Thank paul a
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had my 1st Sunday lunch since re-opened June 2018. No complaints at all regarding the food … tasty, well presented and ample portions of all ingredients for Sunday lunch ! I had the roast pork, excellent and came with crackling without having to 'beg' for it … I do like crackling but don't tell my doctor !!! Serving staff very young but pleasant, maybe a little wary of an old bloke like me asking names and generally talking rubbish to them but I think we were ok by the end !! I have booked in again this Sunday ! Timothy Taylor Landlord is still being stocked so that is a massive plus point in my opinion ! In general, the place is in need of some extra decorative attention such as pictures or ornaments etc as the greyish paint needs some help and I am sure this will be attended to in due course !! Only downpoint from my visit is the introduction of 2 big tv screens, although I was assured they will only be used on special occasions, an assurance I have heard before but NEVER has been the case ! It is football World Cup time so I will have to live with the noise of it for a short time, I suppose ! Good luck to the new management team and their staff !

1  Thank Chris-Overton
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We live within walking distance however, trying to get a table at a reasonable time is non existence. Even with a months notice we can't book in at 8pm and are offered a table at 5.30. Other people we know have had the same problem.

3  Thank mrslindawalton
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food was out of this world and couldn’t ask for more. In addition to this it was very cheap. The staff was very helpful and it was a excellent meal can’t wait to go back

1  Thank jay2356