Hotels.com
Expedia
ZenHotels.com
Agoda.com
1,296 results
All reviews toby carvery champs sports sports bar family room beamish museum the breakfast area great stay couldn't do enough breakfast staff visiting beamish breakfast was excellent staff were so friendly car park metro centre a great nights sleep visiting family short stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2022

Stopped here for 2 nights en-route to Edinburgh. Only wanted a clean comfy room to explore locally and split up our journey. Staff were AMAZING. Slept better here then our hotel in Edinburgh. Lovely and quiet, apart from busy road outside. No slamming doors. (Unlike our second hotel!)
No air con but a good fan provided. No bath but a great shower and the room was what you'd expect for a Premier Inn.
Cannot say enough how good the staff were. We tried breakfast at Toby Carvery opposite one morning which was OK. But no continental or drinks included, so ate at Premier Inn the second morning and were blown away by the staff, good quality food, cooked to order so piping hot! Drinks and pastries as well. Couldn't ask for more. Will be staying here again if in the area!
Only knocked one star off the room due to road noise and no air con.

Date of stay: August 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 August 2022

On our arrival, we received a very friendly, warm welcome from Mel on reception. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. It was an excellent base for visiting Newcastle and the Metro Centre. We would definitely stay again.

Reviewed 22 August 2022

I have stayed on a few occasions staff are very friendly on this occasion I stayed as my father is in hospital I left my phone charger in the room this morning soon as I realised my charger was not there and I had left it I called them and I was told it was not there it’s a small thing but disappointed they said it wasn’t there I am 100 per sure it was there as when I left it was straight to the hospital left a sou taste in my mouth especially when I am in charge of a hotel myself ! Motto of the story don’t leave anything behind won’t be returned !

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2022 via mobile

Extremely friendly staff (reception and breakfast staff). Can't thank the staff enough for being so helpful and nice, making us feel like home. Free parking available. Clean room and comfy bed. Fairly quiet at night despite being near busy road. Would definitely recommend just for the staff service alone

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2022 via mobile

Hotel is in a great location, very convenient for the A1, yet still relatively quiet. Mel on reception is one of the friendliest people we’ve met and very welcoming - thank you Mel! Looking forward to the unlimited breakfast in the morning…!

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple