“Great Place”

20:00
Price range: US$11 - US$33
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fresh from a stunning new refurbishment, Browns Kingston occupies a beautiful riverside location in Charter Quay, with large windows and a wraparound terrace offering uninterrupted views of the River Thames. Conveniently close to Kingston town centre, Browns brasserie and bar is open all day from breakfast and brunch through to lunch, afternoon tea and dinner, offering fresh seasonal dishes and classic British comforts. We also offer an exceptional range of drinks, with an eclectic mix of hand-crafted cocktails, premium and artisan spirits, and an extensive list of wine and Champagne.
Reviewed 21 September 2021 via mobile

Stayed in Hampton Wick 3 nights & had a meal at Browns every night, the food &service was excellent. Excellent choice on the menu. Sat outside 2 nights at the side of The Thames, great atmosphere.
Erjon gave excellent service& so did another member of staff who remembered what we had to drink from the previous night, sadly I forgot his name, he finished his shift before we left on Sunday night, he came over & said goodbye& to enjoy the rest of our evening, a lovely touch.
Overall all staff gave over & above excellent service Thank you

Date of visit: September 2021
General Manager A, Manager at Browns, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2021

Lesley P, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to have delivered a great experience and will pass along your comments to the team here at Browns Kingston! We hope you have a great day!

Write a reviewReviews (1,095)

Reviewed 14 September 2021

We arrived late in Kingston so headed down to the river and looked at the menu here. Great menu. We sat outside with our 2 small dogs and we went to order but sadly being a Suday night, quite a few things were off. We ordered scallops and fillet steaks which were very good. The service was the difference between the meal we had this night and the one we went back for the next day as we wanted some of the items which were not available Sunday.

We had a greek server, I think his name was Dimitrios and he told us he used to have his own restaurant in Greece before the pandemic. This showed as his service was brilliant, we really felt welcome.

the next day however, there only seemed to be young servers and despite the food being awesome again, we were left with our empty plates for quite a while without being offered more drinks or desserts so we gave up and I had to go and ask for the bill despite there only being a handfull of tables being used.

Such a shame as we may have bought another bottle of wine there instead of moving on to another place.

We will go back but we will check who is serving before deciding to stay there. I would get Dimitrios to train the staff if I were you, you'd make a fortune.

Date of visit: September 2021
General Manager A, Manager at Browns, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2021

Hello Angusreid, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. Apologies that your second visit was not as good as your first one and we would appreciate if you could provide us with a bit more information regarding your second visit so we can identify the needs for team retraining. Please email me on Kingston@browns-restaurants.co.uk with detail of dishes and drinks ordered
Kindest Regards
Genti Nushi

Reviewed 14 September 2021 via mobile

Went for some food and drinks and as always the service is at top. I haven’t been here since they refurbished the place and it looks so amazing, I really like. As I had trouble to choose what to eat my waiter Carlos recommended me to have a steak and it was really delicious. The drinks was gorgeous , really nice and I believe it was made by Angel that was working in the bar that day. They have a nice outside area with a view over the river, I can really recommend Browns.

Date of visit: September 2021

Tittig2018, thanks for your praise and kind comments about our team. Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

Reviewed 22 August 2021

Stayed in Kingston for a night a went here as it was by the river. The outside seats and upper floor have great views of the river. The staff were friendly and attentive, quite an extensive menu, which would generally put me off as you know the food is most probably mass produced off site. Having said that the whitebait I had as a starter was perfectly cooked, the fish were moist and tasty unlike some places they are over cooked. While the rest of the meal was ok it didn’t really impress, I’m not saying it was bad just didn’t hit the mark for me - would I go again, I’m not sure. Everything else was great the staff and ambience were perfect. The drinks were expensive the food reasonably priced.

Date of visit: August 2021
General Manager A, Manager at Browns, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2021

Hi 410markd410, thank you so much for your positive comments about Browns Kingston! We hope to be of service to you again in the future.
Best wishes,
Browns Kingston

Reviewed 21 August 2021

Lovely setting by the river in Kingston with many tables outside which were suitably spaced from others. The food was well cooked and very tasty and the dining experience was enhanced by the friendliness and efficiency of our very attentive waiter Santos. We really enjoyed eating here not just for the food but also because of the friendly service and the fact it was still a place taking Covid safety measures seriously. We will visit again and recommend this place strongly.

Date of visit: August 2021

Abarrett_12, thanks for your praise and kind comments about our team and Browns Kingston. We hope you have a great day!