“1st class service +”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for just the one night, but most certainly will stay again. Even if I have to drive 400 miles again to do so. I would say that anyone that goes above and beyond what’s required of them professionally deserves a favourable mention. The landlord certainly did that making me very welcome whilst I’m arriving in the middle of the night - dirty - tired - and exhausted. To then bring all manner of snacks to me, along with of pint of beer! “All on the house” because I’d arrived so late, whilst apologising profusely that the Chef had gone home some hours ago. The room was very well done, and my partner is an interior designer without equal, so I recognise a good room when I see one. The breakfast superb, and the staff delightful. Great stay, and amazing attention to customer satisfaction. Brilliant! Will be coming back.

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank johnfashman

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Went here for lunch, a few people in but it still felt very comfortable, we were never hurried and the food is back to its best as are the surroundings, a great place to meet up with friends for a good catch up

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I have driven past this pub for years, but this was my first visit for food and drinks with a friend.

Service was friendly and attentive.
We sat in the restaurant (you can also choose in the bar and outside) which is decorated beautifully with very comfy seats!

The garlic bread starter was delicious, as was my steak burger! I would just prefer a plate rather than the wooden board to serve, though I can't fault their presentation.

The sticky toffee pudding was delicious (just not big enough!!!!!!!!)

I would definitely recommend this place (though they could benefit from a cocktail menu! Especially in summer!).

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank RandRH
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

After a trip to the local garden centre my husband and I stopped off for lunch. We were met by a very lovely man (Carl on the receipt) who let us choose where we wanted to sit. The place is very relaxing with fashionable decor. The food was lovely with proper, homemade chips. Yummy. Service spot on, food spot on and beautiful surroundings. One of my favourite places to go. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 14 April 2018

This is a regular with my boyfriend and I. Never had a bad meal and always a welcoming atmosphere. Reasonably priced and brilliant food. Accommodating for gluten free options.

Date of visit: April 2018