“Lovely Lunch”
Review of Mulberry Leaves

Mulberry Leaves
Ranked #20 of 89 Restaurants in Leek
Description: On the Macclesfield Road is The Mulberry Leaves. Just a few minutes' drive from Leek, this is the perfect place to make for. We offer a great atmosphere, exceptional levels of service and quality food from our exceptional menu. You'll be spoilt for choice, with everything from snacks to steaks, sharers to Sunday roasts, fresh pizzas to delicious desserts. Visit our family-friendly pub soon.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Not been here for a while due to covid. Its just as good as ever. My chicken and bacon salad was so tasty and worth more than £8.25. Lots of fresh salad and a whole chicken breast - yum. Hubby had his usual chicken club with chips on toasted bloomer. Glad to be coming back again and already looking forward to next visit. Staff friendly too

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (578)

Reviewed 17 September 2021

Been for a meal today, will be the last time we ever go to this pub. The pub was empty yet the food still took over half an hour to come, food was overcooked and dried out, the bread on the sandwich was hard like it had been sat under a heat lamp, the mixed grill was overcooked and the wrong size. All in all I have nothing good to say about this place. Had to give it one circle as I couldn't give it zero.

2  Thank H8086ZFandrewg
Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

The owner of this restaurant has really turned things around with a great new menu and a wide selection of drinks. My fillet steak was well worth the money, as was my wife's classic beefburger.
Misha is probably the friendliest bartender that I've ever met and her cockney charm is enough to persuade anyone to return. Mel is brilliant too. Really friendly and hard working. She really does offer great service with a smile. I encourage anyone to try this pub. Absolutely top drawer.

Reviewed 10 September 2021

I don’t even know where to start. Arrived at the pub for a meal pit stop on our journey home. We were left standing at the entrance for about 10 minutes before we were taken to a table. The lady at the bar looked at us many times but didn’t acknowledge us at all… just carried on serving the obvious ‘regulars’. There were hardy any customers in the place so this confused us that we were stood waiting so long. When we did finally get spoken to, the man just said hi and looked at us like we had 3 heads each. We had to ask if they were serving food because he looked very confused as to the reason we were there. Not a great start.
We were given menus and a high chair and left to look at the menu. I had to go up and ask for a pizza menu (even though there was signs everywhere advertising pizzas). I wish I hadn’t though… I’ll come to that in a minute.
We ordered our food and thought we were good to go. How wrong was I!! The food took ages to come. After about half an hour, the waiter came to apologise but didn’t give any explanation or indication as to when the food would come. This wouldn’t have been a problem so much ordinarily but my toddler was getting annoyed at this point, waiting for his food. Finally, after about 40 minutes, 3 out of 4 meals arrived. The lady who had ignored us at the bar earlier asked me what I had ordered (my meal was missing). I explained that I had ordered a pizza. Off she went again, no explanation or indication as to when my meal would arrive. So I waited… It came about 10 minutes later, at which point the 2 other adult meals had basically gone cold or been eaten and we had a poor toddler who didn’t want to eat his because his mini potato waffles were scorching hot, his carrots were stone cold and his burger was like a dry old shoe. Whilst waiting for my pizza the waiter came to ask if everything else was ok. I complained about the wait time on the pizza and the fact the kids meal was inedible and that I would not be paying for either of those meals. He just said sorry and walked away.
The pizza eventually came… I’d rather it hadn’t. It was like a thin burnt cracker. It was completely burnt underneath and around half the edge. I couldn’t eat it, which was a shame because the toppings did taste ok when I tried them. At this point though I was so furious that I doubt I would have eaten it, even if it was nice. A young waitress came over and asked if the pizza was ok. You can imagine my response. I later apologised to her because it was completely unfair that the higher powers in the pub had sent over this very young and inexperienced waitress to deal with a quite clearly very angry table of customers. The manager should have grown a pair and addressed us personally, not send a poor young girl.

All in all, a terrible experience, which was a shame because it was actually a nice pub.

Reviewed 3 September 2021 via mobile

Great dough balls!!! Really good service and a decent variety of food and drinks on offer, thanks Mel and the team!!!!..