“A great little find”
Review of Star Fish Bar

Star Fish Bar
Ranked #38 of 61 Restaurants in Clevedon
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

As a gluten free diner, I often miss out on takeaways.
So imagine my glee when we spotted this place on our visit to clevedon.
The portion sizes were brilliant and they do gluten free EVERYDAY !!!

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Been going there with family since BCR it opened, understand it’s changed ownership, in my opinion the Fish and Chips excellent and very good value.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Have been going to what was the star but its changed hands I believe . the fish and chips were fine but was handed the fish in a box top to toe , put the bag on my lap only to fine it pouring out oil all over my new jeans , opened , were it went on the seat ect We usually pop down to the see front , but finding oil every where really spoilt it ! did go back to the shop , they said what did he want me to do ?????????????? he would in future have the box side ways on but he wasn't going to offer more than that , maybe free fish next time but hey , will vote with my feet , now trying to clean oil off jeans and van seats not happy .

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Moved with the owners and staff when they moved from the previous, VERY NEARBY Chippy where they were employed. They have been at the Star Bar for probably two years now and I am "allowed" to have fish and chips once a week!!!! Invariably busy and the queue is out thru the door on a Friday evening. I usually attend on a Tuesday night for my wife's Gluten free fish batter night.
Ref Matthew B. As a retired Forensic Investigator I find it difficult to accept the asserted allegation, that a piece of presumably blue catering wound dressing, could be fried for five minutes and then present (IN the batter) as being covered in blood and goo. I wonder if they sell Porkies as my young grand child likes to call his pork sausages. Ref JamnBecks We always have a large piece of cod for which we have to wait whilst it is being cooked, very occasionally I have seen chips which are to be served looking a touch tired and ask the owner for a fresh lot - he has always obliged in the past. It must be the bane of a Chippy's life dealing with a mad rush one minute and then everyone has been served and you are alone in the shop awaiting the arrival of the next customer and he doesn't appear for ten minutes or so. I think that's tuff matey but if they are too far gone ask for a fresh frying.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Staff are friendly - portions are very big - what more do you want from a chippy?
Extensive range of food on offer. Always packed out and have a cash point outside now (as its cash only)