All reviewsthe cottagesbutlers restaurantwedding partywedding receptionbridal suitewedding breakfastraf cosfordthe main hotelduty managerlots of characterhuge bedfollowing morningvery pleasant staycourse mealbreakfast was excellentafternoon teafull english
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Me and my partner stayed at the Park house last week and couldn't of asked for a more pleasant stay. Upon arrival we were greeted by the most friendly gentleman who checked us in while the other reception team members were busy, he even jovially mentioned about us getting married and he could help (and idea I'm now trying to talk my husband into)
All of the reception team were lovely and were a great point of call when we needed anything.

I'd love to say a big thank you to all the housekeepers as nothing was too much trouble when we asked for anything.

Breakfast was absolutely lovely and so were the ladies that looked after us.
We were lucky enough to have dinner one evening and my husband said it was the Sea bass he has ever tasted and I can highly recommend the Wrekin chicken.

The Park House was a fantastic please to visit, beautiful room, food but the most delightfully friendly staff from check in to check out.

If you are planning on visiting Ironbridge, Bridgenorth, RAF Cosford and Much Wenlock like we did then this is a great place to stay.

We look forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: A great base position for Shropshire
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Hayley S, Front Office Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and your thanks will be passed on to the team here.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Hotel is pleasant, grounds are lovely, room was nice and spacious and the breakfast was fine. However I decided to check out the food in Butlers Bar and ordered the Steak and Ale Pie and chips, so a pretty basic meal really. When it arrived it came with plenty of home made chips and a small steak pie that looked like it belonged on a chess board - basically the rook/castle.
Anyway I was very hungry and just got stuck in, the pie ended up being mostly thick crust with maybe two half thumb sized pieces of steak in it - I was very disappointed and I left most of the thick crust.
The manager came round, took the plate and didn't say a word. I then went to the bar to pay for the meal and asked to see the manager, apparently they couldn't find him. On the way back to my room I spotted the Manager sitting at reception so I decided to let him know about the pie, all I got was "oh I always get the pie and its always lovely" after a few further words including me stating I would be writing a review on TripAdvisor he decided to ask if I've tried the pool as its lovely, at this point I just wanted to retire to bed.

Anyway I started to head towards my room and became a little annoyed about his comments so went back to reception and asked if he was the manager and what was his name - Gareth Edwards and no other communication was exchanged. Normally I wouldn't make a big deal out of this but I thought his attitude was poor, on a good note the home made chips were lovely.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Hayley S, General Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

I apologise that you felt the pie was lacking a more meaty filling. We do genuinely receive good comments about the pie and this is the first time I have heard of their not being enough meat, your comments will be passed over to the Head Chef here.
There should have been a check back done during the meal and this gives us the chance to resolve any issues so again I am sorry if this procedure was overseen.
In regards to your comments about the manager he did have to step away from the dining room to help a guest in the pool which is why you found him at reception as he was just coming back through.
If you would like to contact the hotel direct to elaborate what the issues with his attitude were I would appreciate the feedback.

Daniel Aldridge

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel is nice, well ok for a 4 star, but bar/ restaurant is a disaster! So if you want a drink you need to order at the bar inside, not any better then any pubs, service in Soo slow, not only I have to get up and go inside and order food and drinks, inside there is a queue, only one person at the bar, been told that is 40 mins wait for food... apparently there is 6 cheques in before me, as I suppose to care? Surely they need more staff? Sitting outside on a dirty table with glasses from previous guests, nobody bothered to come and collect and clean the table! Unreal! Pub down the road half price clean table and actually does. Table service!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

I am sorry that you had a disappointing visit to our bar and restaurant.
Unfortunately we got caught off guard that evening with the quantity of non-residents that decided to join us.
We did not anticipate the scale of customers and we can only apologise that the service staff were stretched due to this.
I hope you do not take this as a true reflection of the service in the bar and restaurant and you will return to see that this was just a one off extremely busy night.

Daniel Aldridge

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We stay here for a weekend and were very disappointed. Ok, I’ll start with the good:
1) its a beautiful building
2) our room was nice and quiet even with a wedding happening in the hotel.
3) the bed was comfy in a nice sized room
4) the staff were very friendly
5) the first mornings breakfast was lovely

The bad:
1) when we checked in it was almost if the chap couldn’t be bothered. No information about breakfast times, where things were in the hotel and random directions to our room. He also pushed us to book into the restaurant that night.
2) our room was in “the cottages”. Ok, surprised they had cottages and that we weren’t in the main hotel. Checking the website there is no mention of “the cottages”. In fact it states it has 54 bedrooms and we were in 62!
3) the shower had mould on the ceiling and tiles and the shower head was broken sending a lovely stream of water to hit the far wall of the bathroom.
4) stained towels! Yuck!
5) dodgy light switch next to bed!
6) service in the restaurant was incredibly slow for everyone; I overheard several people complain about this and the poor waitress was constantly apologising for this!
5) food was inconsistent quality. The starters were lovely but they didn’t have the main I wanted so had to choose another which turned out to be way under seasoned. My wife’s main was missing the prawns; one of the main ingredients, and there was so much chilli in it that it was inedible; no mention of any chilli on the menu. We complained and they did not charge us for that main and did give us free drinks but the excuse for the slow service was they were busy with bar meals; the restaurant was half empty and this is a hotel that is supposed to be able to cater for large weddings!
6) day 2’s breakfast was a disappointment. After the lovely day 1 breakfast we were looking forward to day 2’s. Inconsistency strikes again! We ordered the same hot breakfasts exactly and got 2 completely different breakfasts, and we could have used the black puddings as ice hockey pucks they were that hard!
7) the restaurant decor is beyond tired! It’s in desperate need of a full refurbish. It’s dull and quite dismal to eat in and every single chair had stains on the seat pad

Overall I’ve had better stays in some budget hotels and the chain hotels beat this one hands down for far less money. It could be so good if it got its act together and I feel so sorry for the restaurant waiting staff who are let down by the kitchen and have to constantly apologise for the kitchen staffs ineptitude.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Hayley S, Front Office Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback we appreciate all comments as we cannot better the hotel and correct any issues if we are not made aware of them, secondly, I am sorry you have had to bring those to my attention.

Please leave this with me, i will need to address your points with the relevant staff.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

My husband and I stayed at The Park House Hotel last week for an over night stop. On departure we left our guest feedback including various issues, paid our bill in full and we're reassured the manager would be in touch by email. We have not received any response to our concerns which I will summarise in brief.

On arrival we were told we would be staying in room number 3 and pointed in a general direction towards stairs and lift. After about ten minutes of wandering corridors we eventually found our room to be bitterly disappointed. My first impression was of a dismal room which sadly continued to disappoint. I attempted to use the phone in the room to report the most disgusting pillows I have ever seen. Stained with sweat, dribble and makeup and not in pillow protectors. Absolutely revolting. Having contacted reception using my own phone eventually some slightly cleaner pillows arrived still without protectors. Not setting the seen for a good nights sleep the old and uncomfortable mattress was not likely to help.

We decided to go out to the garden for some lunch and sat at a very dirty table with our drinks. Lunch arrived which was readily served on the filthy table and was probably the worst sandwich I have ever ordered. Cheap bread and very poorly presented.

Having cleared the table ourselves following the awful lunch we went back to the dismal room for a shower to be greeted by black mould in the shower and a very minimal and poorly fitted bathroom. This I will add was followed by an ok evening meal and a very poor nights sleep.

On check out and as mentioned having paid the bill in full we were reassured that our experience had been unfortunate and that we would be contacted but it seems they are simply not interested. Let's home they are concentrating on cleaning this very dirty hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon,

I am sorry you have not received a response there must have been a break down in communication, please accept our apologies for this. We do have your details and will be responding today.
Sorry you have had to bring this to our attention.