1,248 results
All reviewsholiday parkprestige caravanoutdoor poolfun starsspar shopentertainment complexevening entertainmentsecurity staffcentral heatingnewer modelamusement arcadethe main complexcraig taragreat holidaykids entertainmentsea viewlovely park
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

This was our first holiday park experience. Usually for UK breaks.we tend to rent cottages or camp on quiet sites on farms etc. We choose Berwick as it wasn't far to drive, didn't seem too large and is within walking distance of the town centre. We stayed 4 nights and had a lovely time. Our 6 year old loved the park, the activities and the staff, especially the pool party and Brandon. The staff were all very helpful, polite and seem happy in their work, really lovely. The only downside was the food in the onsite pub which was not brilliant. That said it really is a short walk into town and Berwick has plenty of nice cafes and eatearies. We had a lovely walk by the River Tweed and enjoyed the castle ruins...hadn't realised what a pretty town Berwick is. Fabulous beaches nearby too if you get the weather. This site is well recommended for families with young kids.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank williams75
BerwickHP, Holiday Experience Assistant Manager at Haven - Berwick, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thank you for your review.

Its great to hear you enjoyed your first holiday park experience here at Haven Berwick.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our team, I will pass on your feedback to the activities and leisure manager to make sure the team are commended.

I do apologise that the restaurant did not meet your expectations.

We hope you will choose to holiday with us again, if you call the park direct when making a booking on 01289 307113 we would love to take a special interest in your booking.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Our 1st time at the site, a group of 4 Adults and 4 kids under 6 yrs old. The site is well situated on the Berwick Coastline not far off the A1. The site has a decent sized shop, Amusement arcade, restaurant, swimming pool and entertainment venue, all clean and modern and enjoyable
The staff we met were all very friendly, especially the guy on the gatehouse, he's a hoot!
The nearby beach is only a 10 minute stroll, there is steps down to the main sandy area so those with buggies may need help navigating that part. At low tide the beach is perfect for young kids to explore the many rock pools left behind.
A quick internet search finds you several nearby supermarkets, takeaways and fast food outlets, all very handy when you have "Youngins".

A few negatives to speak of...... Firstly, the site has a problem with over familiar well fed mature Sea Gulls. We saw on several occasions these birds stalking, swooping and stealing food right out the hands of guests. One stole a sandwich right out my Wife's hand as she opened it. These antics made me very wary of where and when I could give our kids food in the open air. These type of hazards are not exclusive to this site but they are a real nuisance that could quite easily lead to the injury of a small child. Given the familiarity of these birds I feel some sort of cull should be considered as I've no doubt it will be the same ones repeating the same actions.

There appears to be a decent amount of "Big Bins" around the site to take your general rubbish to but I didn't see any recycle points near our caravan. At home we have 5 different bins, 4 of which are for recycling. I'm no tree hugger but it pains me to chuck glass and other items in for land fill when it could be avoided. Even if there is no room for recycling points dotted around the site some sort of signage at the general rubbish bins informing you where to take the items would be a definite improvement.
Lastly but no biggie, the outdoor play area by the outdoor pool could be improved, it seems quite small for the size of the site.

To summarise..... A good site that I'd recommend and will revisit but do something about those seagulls before someone gets a sore one.

Stayed: May 2018
3  Thank buggbairn

Thank you very much for your kind review.

All of your feedback will be passed on and the teams will be highlighted. Stephen who works on our gate is a brilliant team member, a great asset to our site.

With regards to the Seagulls, the inconvenience they cause is equally frustrating to the team here at Haven Berwick. We do have an external company that visit the site weekly to check seagulls and remove nests. As a team we do have posters stating to avoid feeding the seagulls and this is also printed in the check in literature also. We try our upmost best to prevent contact with seagulls.

Last, your comments regarding our waste disposal. Our large bins, are for all forms of waste and recycling. When the waste is collected it is taken to a plant where it is sorted to general waste and recycling. This saves our guests, owners and team from splitting waste and assures that all waste is checked at the disposal. Thank you for raising this as it shows we should have some form of literature or signage to explain this.

Thanks again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future :)

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Found this holiday quite disappointing booked a prestige caravan took ages to find the caravan then to find out no parking outside caravan had to drag all my heavy suitcases over to caravan once in caravan it was a nice one only complaint is floor could of done with a mop our feet were black off vinyl flooring the seagulls are a nightmare here the early morning noises from them tapping on caravan roof all day so dont expect to have lie in on this site my car wad a absolute mess when left to go home bird mess all over seen nothing like it i found there is not much to do here i was wanting to use pool with my little girl but was put off when seen it as the whole restaurant can sit and watch you in pool huge glass window in bar and what i find quite disturbing is people in bar with phones out taking photos of people in pool this should not be allowed i dont want photos took of me and a six year old child in a swimming costume in swimming pool not this day in age so couldn't use it it the windows should be covered with something so you have a bit privacy in pool the whole of Berwick caravan site can sit and drink nd eat and watch everyone in pool not good, was cold weather when we went and every door in amusements also doors in restaurant were open it was freezing cold inside had to move tables in restaurant as draft was terrible then to wait 35 mins for a sandwich and bowl of chips also the local shop for your shopping was very expensive so make sure you bring all you need as double the price on most items i wish i booked somewhere else i couldn't wait to get back home holidays are for relaxing having lie ins in the morning and do lots fun stuff with family none of this happened for us went home feeling drained had to hand wash car as couldn't see out of window for bird pooh the birds are very aggressive ripping bin bags all over stealing people food off the tables making loud noises at, 5am in the morning taping on roofs all day and night there out of control i know not much site can do with them but I wont be returning back

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank lisa d

Thank you for your comments.

First, I do apologise that you felt this holiday was disappointing. It is our aim to meet and hopefully exceed our customer’s expectations and if we have failed to achieve this in your case then I sincerely apologise.

With regards to your comments on parking, we have allocated parking to most holiday homes on the park, if not directly next to the caravan there are assigned parking spaces in the area.

Seagulls are a form of nature that is something out of our control. We do try our very best with seagulls by having notices around the park asking to not feed the seagulls, as when guests / owners feed the seagulls this makes them come back continuously. We do apologise that this caused you some frustration.

In response to your comments regarding the restaurant. We have several hundred families arriving each week, and it is so very unusual for the food and service not to be of the highest standard. Please be assured I have forwarded your comments for the immediate attention of the Complex Manager.

I do hope that despite your present disappointment your chose to holiday at Haven again. Where your family would be welcome with open arms.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

The caravan could not be faulted and was above expectations. Little issue with the lighting but we resolved that after two days when we discovered that there was a master switch at a child-friendly height.
Haven should really be careful with its marketing as expectations were nowhere reached, not all the facilities were as advertised. No outdoor pool and no fun water fountains. Take note I'm not talking about the TV ad but the website and particular Berwick Holiday Park.
A special word of warning when eating outdoors be careful the seagulls are very aggressive my grandson got his roll and sausage pinched as we sat in the eating area. Another gull had nested in the middle of the play area which kids thought was fun to annoy. Reported it security, nothing was done
What facilities are on offer are accessed through a barrage of amusements, prices are way over the top, don't expect too much change out of a tenner for two pints.
The entertainment is poor for the adults but great for the kids. It may be new to the wee ones but mind-numbingly poor for the adults. After seeing more than one park I would say they really need to dial it up and offer something more to engage the adults,
To finish off park there is plenty to see and do, unfortunately, if you don't have a car you are basically snookered. The single Hoppa bus is a law unto itself, it advertises two different timetables but runs to a third. I am looking into the legality of that issue. Suffice to say unless you have a crystal ball you don't know when the bus will turn up, or when it turns up not going to the park. Taxies were thin on the ground and almost impossible to book.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank johngreenba

Thank you for your review.

I will pass on your comments regarding our marketing to our team at head office to investigate. With regards to your comments about our outdoor pool, this was due to open 25/05/2018, however due to some faults this was unable to open. Our guests safety is paramount, therefore we follow all procedures with great caution and chose not to open the outdoor pool until all is resolved.

Being located next to the seaside comes with many advantages, like the beautiful coastal views. We also have some disadvantages which seagulls fall under, we do have signs around the park asking guests and owners to help keep the park clean and tidy by avoid feeding the seagulls. Thank you for reporting the nest to our security team, this was noted. However when nesting begins we have to contact an external company to investigate. They do visit the park weekly.

Entertainment is a very subjective matter and we try our best to meet everyone’s approval. We try to provide a varied entertainment programme which will appeal to all groups and all tastes. I would like to thank you for your feedback as it gives us ideas for future planning.

In the main reception we have the hoppa bus time tables, the schedule from Berwick Holiday Park, is every hour and half an hour between the hours of 09:30am and 15:00pm with the exception of 11:30am and 13:30pm. The bus is provided by an external company Borders Buses.

Thanks again for your feedback, we do highly appreciate all feedback given to us as it shows where to improve our service.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

The site is very well maintained, the staff extremely friendly and ideally situated with fantastic views, within easy walking distance to the town centre, coastal walks, supermarkets and particularly the kids favourite McDonalds. The Caravan was spotlessly clean and being close to the complex I thought we would be in for a severe ear bashing late at night, that was not the case. The location was perfect, especially having both elderly and young in our party.I must mention the guy on the gatehouse is probably the most friendliest, cheerful, helpful person I have ever met. He would be an asset to any organisation.

This is without doubt the best Haven site I have visited to date and if ever I'm lucky enough to have my own caravan, this is the place at which I would site it. I will certainly be visiting Haven Berwick again.

Stayed: May 2018
3  Thank RGreenwell
BerwickHP, Holiday Experience Assistant Manager at Haven - Berwick, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Thank you very much for your kind review.

We are so happy to hear of your great stay. We do hope you join us again in the future where we would welcome your party with open arms.